Insurance denied claim/surgery cancelled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Insurance denied claim/surgery cancelled Insurance denied claim/surgery cancelled

Unread 11-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Insurance denied claim/surgery cancelled

My surgery was scheduled for November 10th, I went today for pre-op appointment and pre-admission at the hospital. I get home and around 4:30 pm my doctor's office calls to say they couldn't get surgery approved. They said they will re-submit and try to get it rescheduled as soon as possible. I've have cried all evening and am truly heartbroken. I thought my pain and suffering would soon be over. I hope they don't deny it a second time. Has anyone else had this happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Re: Insurance denied claim/surgery cancelled

Oh, no, I am so sorry! I have no experience with this but didn't want to read and not reply.
Unread 11-08-2011, 11:59 PM

Ditto Captainebay - So very sorry!

Someone else posted a similar story a while back.

Best of luck with the re-submittal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2011, 01:41 AM

How frustrating to be mentally ready and then have the surgery put off! I hope your appeal comes through for you. I also remember reading another post on insurance denial. Try to a search with insurance in the post tile. There has to be a way for it to come together.
Unread 11-09-2011, 01:45 AM

I am so sorry! This was my fear since the doc warned that my insurance might call it pre-existing since I just got insurance back. My husband called the very day they scheduled. I am praying that you will get this worked out ASAP and that your Dr. can convince the insurance to suck it up!!!
Unread 11-09-2011, 09:43 AM

I'm sorry you're going through this.

It is possible that the whole thing is a mistake -- a coding error, perhaps? Or maybe they want you to have some additional tests before approving the surgery. It is also possible that the insurer wants you to try some additional treatments.

I hope things work out for you.
Unread 11-09-2011, 10:19 AM

I feel your pain and it is asham that Insurance company can dictate what treatment our bodies need. I called the insurance company on my own the moment my Dr said the word Hysterectomy. Glad I did because if I use him and his hospital they don't pay much but if I use the hospital my husband works at and carries our insurance it is covered 100%. Now I ave to find a Dr there, easier said than done.

I will be sending you positive thoughts and wish you all the best. THis will get done and I know you are stressed over this fiasco.
Unread 11-09-2011, 12:45 PM

Yes. My insurance company denied it. I am going through the appeal process. My doctor and I decided I couldn't wait, so we went ahead with the procedure. I realize that not everyone has the financial ability to do this.

I can't tell you how stressful this has been. It isn't something anyone should have to go through while having health issues, too.

Anecdotally I hear that insurance companies are trying to reduce the number of hysterectomies. I don't have any hard evidence on that.

I am truly sorry for everyone else who has to battle their health insurance company over this.
Unread 11-09-2011, 12:54 PM

I called my obgyn's office today and she said they requested more info about my claim. The insurance company wanted info on my pregnancies, ultrasound reports, info on how long I've had the problem and all the conservative measures I have taken to avoid hysterectomy. They have already submitted info they asked for and verified they received it. She said it could take up to 10 days to make a decision. She will check it everyday and let me know as soon as they know. She said they are on top of it and I believe they are. All I can do now is wait. Thank you everyone for your kind words!
Unread 11-09-2011, 01:02 PM

If you are looking at this on a computer and not a smart phone, there should be a list of similar articles at the bottom of the page.

Best of luck to you, hoping this will be resolved quickly so you can focus on health and recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register