Scheduled LSH Adhesions after C-Sections?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesions after C-Sections?? Adhesions after C-Sections??

Unread 11-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Adhesions after C-Sections??

Hi All, I was just wondering if anyone had any issues with adhesions after C-Sections? I have had 3, the last one in 12-07 along with a tubal ligation.

I wanted to know if this will be a problem since I am scheduled for an LSH on 12/1. I am guessing that I probably have some scar tissue from the previous C-Sections and was just scared that this could cause problems with my Dr. doing the lap.

Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Re: Adhesions after C-Sections??

I am not having a lap surgery, mine is abdominal, but my bladder has adhered to my uterus. My doc said they will put stents in my bladder and then they will be taken out when it's over. He didnt' seem concerned about it, just wanted to make sure Iknew what was going on. I have had 3 c sections and a tubal too. Good luck!
Unread 11-09-2011, 08:36 AM

I had several adhesion's, which I never knew even existed but certainly explain all the pain I've had the past 18 years, until the doctor got in there to do my hysterectomy. My right ovary had completely fused to the backside of my uterus, and my uterus had fused to my vertical c-section scar along with a number of other internal places. He explained the ovary fusing as my original gyn botching my tubal and letting the ovary float. My new gyn said it was so bad that he initially considered abandoning the LAVH and doing my hysterectomy abdominally, but he decided that he'd take the extra time and stick with the LAVH plan. He wants so bad to correct my old csection scar, but I told him I did not want him touching it we've discussed it numerous times and he knew I wanted to avoid abdominal incisions if at all possible... I'll see a plastic surgeon when I finally get to my ideal weight to fix the nasty scar I now have. What was supposed to be a 1-2 hour surgery turned into 4 hours, but I am SO thankful to him. Be prepared for a lot of belly bruising from them having to basically scrape the adhesion's and your uterus free. I wasn't prepared for them and the second day I was home I finally looked at my belly and it was bruised from my belly button to my pelvic bone. It wasn't extremely painful, just very tender and looks like you've been run over by a bus. So keep the faith, your original plan can happen even with adhesion's. I can't wait for my post-op next week to see all the internal pictures he took to see how bad it actually was. Good luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2011, 09:37 AM

I also had lots of adhesions due to two previous c-sections, also due to a kidney surgery when I was a child.

The scar tissue adhered my uterus to my bladder. This necessitated quite a bit of work during my surgery, and added about an hour to the total surgery time.

I don't know that it will prevent the doc from doing your surgery via lap... but it may present some challenges and it may mean the surgery will take longer. It all depends on where the scar tissue actually is.

Unread 11-09-2011, 12:11 PM

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate it. Just getting nervous about surgery in a few weeks. Worried about adhesions and why my uterus is enlarged to 10 weeks! My Dr. thinks I have a fibroid in the back of my uterus and one pressing on my bladder. He thinks my uterus is causing my lower back pain. Just nervous and worried! So glad to have found this site, you guys are so helpful.

Thanks again.
Unread 11-09-2011, 01:39 PM

I have had 4 previous c-sections and went in for a LAVH and it turned full abdominal after the adhesion problem. I had an awful lot of things stuck in there! My left ovary was stuck to the back of the uterus that most likely was a result of the healing process of the tubal I had back in 2002 during my last c-section. There is always that chance you may end up full abdominal but don't fret too bad, I am 12 days post abdominal and although I am stiff and sore yet, I do not have my monthly migraine and cramps, so all is well.....wishing you all the best!
Unread 11-09-2011, 01:46 PM

I had tons....
My uterus was fused to my back and bladder to the uterus...
My surgeon was able to do everything she needed to clean me up by using the Davinci method.
I read my O.R. report and there was a lot.
Hopefully your doc is able to get it all using less evasive means..
I know that now that all the adhesions are gone I feel wonderful!
Unread 11-09-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snann View Post
I have had 4 previous c-sections and went in for a LAVH and it turned full abdominal after the adhesion problem. I had an awful lot of things stuck in there! My left ovary was stuck to the back of the uterus that most likely was a result of the healing process of the tubal I had back in 2002 during my last c-section. There is always that chance you may end up full abdominal but don't fret too bad, I am 12 days post abdominal and although I am stiff and sore yet, I do not have my monthly migraine and cramps, so all is well.....wishing you all the best!
Thank you so much for your reply. I hope you continue to feel better each day!! Counting the days to no more heavy bleeding and lower back pain!!! Again, I hope you are feeling better soon!!
Unread 11-09-2011, 04:10 PM

Mine was scheduled as a LSH. But because of adhesions, my Dr had to change to TAH. My uterus and ovary were fused to my bowel and I had adhesions all over.

Regardless of the type of surgery you have....good luck!!!!
Unread 11-09-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasper1014 View Post
Mine was scheduled as a LSH. But because of adhesions, my Dr had to change to TAH. My uterus and ovary were fused to my bowel and I had adhesions all over.

Regardless of the type of surgery you have....good luck!!!!
Thanks for your reply. Getting anxious about the surgery. I hope you are feeling well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register