Sheesh! Now what? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sheesh! Now what? Sheesh! Now what?

Unread 11-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Sheesh! Now what?

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this one, but lately it seems like anything that can go wrong will:
  • I got a computer virus and thought I'd lost everything (resolved).
  • I had issues getting doctor's office to submit FMLA paperwork (resolved).
  • There's $20 bucks in the bank till pay day (at least the pantry is well stocked).
  • I broke a tooth (400 bucks for a crown to fix it - at leat it will wait).
  • We have earthquakes (ranging from 3.0 to 5.6), tornados and flooding (yes, I live in Oklahoma) all in one day
Oh, and I have to have a hysterctomy. Yeah, don't forget that one!
Amazingly, I'm totally at peace with that, thanks to everyone here. I can do this, and I can be positive and upbeat, even when I think I'm going to crack.
(I may still crack when the day gets here, but not today. Today...I'm good. In spite of everything...)
Hope you are too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Re: Sheesh! Now what?

You are awesome! What a great perspective. Mine is up & down. Your post is inspiring.

To keep your spirits up, go to the search function amd search 'song' by titles only and hyster songs are posted - some made me cry I laughed so hard (holding my swelly belly cuz I am post op lol).

All the best :-)
Unread 11-09-2011, 09:15 PM

I am sorry you are having such a tough number of days. Sometimes it seems that everything gets dumped on us at once from all directions.

The women on this site will support you, and we will see you through your hysterectomy both pre-op and post-op. In addition, as you may have seen from the posts and forums on this site, this support extends beyond hysterectomies to all life happenings in general. This is a wonderful community of women. Post when you need to - it really helps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2011, 09:50 PM

I hear you Arawyn - Sometimes it just seems life dumps on you all at once. I'm having one of those months, too, but not as bad as yours, it appears.

((HUGS)))
Unread 11-09-2011, 10:01 PM

At least I can empathise with you about the earthquakes!

My city has been bashed about pretty badly over the past year+..... and then I found I had to have a TAH/BSO with suspect cancer!! (Benign, thankfullly!)

It has been an unreal year for me!

Hope yours turns out better - soon!
Unread 11-09-2011, 10:50 PM

Yes you have, acey! You have my sincere sympathies. I've seen the reports on your quakes in the news.

I'm glad yours was benign.

As far as the quakes go, i never felt one in my life till Saturday night. We just don't get them here...or at least we didn't, at least not like that.
Unread 11-10-2011, 04:50 AM

Ara I can sympathize, thank goodness I hadnt had my surgery the week before last, we got wolloped by a snowstorm that wrecked havoc on our state, we were lucky to have a generator, but it was still tough my 83 old dad was out of power for 8 days.
You and I will be recouping together, Im hoping and praying we have smooth surgeries and recoup realitivly quickly.
and same to all the other sisters out there ((((((((((hugs)))))))
Unread 11-10-2011, 05:23 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if we have snow soon toon. We never get the kind of snow you got, but heck, anything is possible. The running gag now is, "Oklahoma, Home of the Quake-nado" So silly.

We can keep each other company and share notes on rehab when this is all over.! That'll be nice.

Ara
Unread 11-10-2011, 05:39 PM

I am in MN and believe it or not the weather here has been pretty good. No snow that has stuck yet. I go in the day before you ladies so we can all keep in touch through recovery. My son was diagnosed 4 days before I found out I would be having a hysterectomy. The upside of that is we spent so much on all his testing that my surgery and PT for bladder issues before are 100% covered.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register