Scheduled LAVH problem found at pre-op. May have to postpone surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

problem found at pre-op. May have to postpone surgery problem found at pre-op. May have to postpone surgery

Unread 11-10-2011, 08:59 AM
problem found at pre-op. May have to postpone surgery

Hi, My surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday. I went for my pre-op yesterday. When they took my blood pressure it was a little high, but my pulse was 145 and my heart was skipping beats. They said its called Tachycardia, and is caused by electrical currents in the heart being out of whack. I have been having periods of racing pulse, feeling like my heart is skipping, feeling like I might pass out and sweating profusely.I have been being exhausted by mid afternoon every day. They did an EKG and scheduled an appointment with a cardiologist on Monday. I have to be cleared by the cardiologist before I have my surgery. Has anyone else had this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Re: problem found at pre-op. May have to postpone surgery

I'm so sorry. One more worry on top of the other must be very stressful.

I hope everything works out for you and you get to keep your surgery date. If anything delayed mine now, I might have a melt down - I've been waiting that long.

Wishing you all the best for Monday and a flawless surgery on Tuesday. Keep us updated.

(((HUGS)))
Unread 11-10-2011, 09:35 AM

Thanks McLila for the encouraging words!
I've been waiting a long time too and have horrible pain.
I noticed our surgery dates were the same, wishing you the best Tuesday and hope you have a speedy recovery

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2011, 11:34 AM

Is this a new thing?
I have an funny heart beat but it has always been like that and it was not an issue..
It maybe nothing but better safe than not...

Unread 11-10-2011, 02:51 PM

I'm sorry to hear you're finding some complications prior to your surgery, but it truly is better to find out beforehand so it can be handled. Hopefully your appt with the cardiologist will put your mind and body at ease.

I have a mitral valve prolapse (heart murmer) and years ago had symptoms, which decided to appear again a couple of months before my hyster. I get tachycardia and arrhythmia and for the first time, my blood pressure was too high. For me these symptoms are easily controlled with a very low dose beta blocker (in my case atenolol). I was on atenolol years ago and all my symptoms were controlled, but after being on it for a few years, worked with a Dr to wean off of the drug.

When all of this cropped up before my hyster I went to a new cardiologist since I'm in another state now. I had an easy exam, bloodwork, ekg, echocardiogram, and then a stress test. All confirmed the mitral valve prolapse and I was put on atenolol. The cardiologist also told me menopause can exacerbate cardiac symptoms, but the symptoms are caused by hormone fluctuation rather than heart disease. I'm truly happy to be on the med because I feel so much better without the sweating, racing heart, exhaustion, panic. I came through my surgery fine, and everyone at the hospital checked to be sure I had taken the beta blocker prior to surgery. The anesthesiologist told me they like beta blockers since it keeps everything nice and stable. Just wanted to let you know that there can be easy methods to minimize symptoms. Keeping my fingers crossed for you - good luck!
Unread 11-10-2011, 03:16 PM

Luv2Hum-these are new symptoms. I have had high bp for a couple of years, but has been controlled on meds. Also, today my hands and feet are like ICE..it's not weather related

calnative-your symptoms sound just like mine. The first med I was put on for my bp was atenolol. Changed drs and now Im on zocoor. The cardiologist's office called today and they are going to see me first thing tomorrow morning instead of Monday. I'm hoping it is something simple, and will be easily corrected.

Thanks everyone for the info.
Unread 11-11-2011, 02:34 PM

Went to the cardiologist today. They did EKG. Heart rate was locked in at 124. They are scheduling holter monitor and echocardiogram. He thinks it is sinus tachycardia, so it's not anything serious. He put me on a beta blocker medication, cleared me for my surgery Tuesday, as long as everything is ok Monday when I go back to see him. I will have the tests done a couple weeks after the surgery
Unread 11-11-2011, 02:50 PM

Awesome! At least for the short term.
Best of luck to you!
Unread 11-11-2011, 06:08 PM

I'm very glad to hear you had your appointment and that the cardiologist is working with you. Hopefully the new meds will help and you'll get your surgery on schedule. Good luck, keep taking care of yourself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register