Lavh/bso | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Lavh/bso

My Dr said no pain...when I wake up in the OR the pain killers will already be working in the IV.

When I asked about pain after the surgery in the shoulders from the gas he claimed he will get it all out.

He said I can expect mostly a full recovery in 2-3 wks except for heavy duty exercise classes.

Has anyone had an experience like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Re: Will DaVinci LAVH/BSO be as easy & pain free as Dr says?

Yes - my Da Vinci was exactly as your doc has described!
Unread 11-10-2011, 12:55 PM

I hope mine is the same as your doctor described, and as Bulrich experienced!! I go tomorrow for the same procedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper West Side View Post
My Dr said no pain...when I wake up in the OR the pain killers will already be working in the IV.

When I asked about pain after the surgery in the shoulders from the gas he claimed he will get it all out.

He said I can expect mostly a full recovery in 2-3 wks except for heavy duty exercise classes.

Has anyone had an experience like this?
My Davinci was at 7am.
The pain was not managed until 11am, the following morning.
Unread 11-10-2011, 05:21 PM

There are quite a few da Vinci stories on the "our stories" thread. Some are exactly like that, but not all. "Results may vary"' as they say. I'm hoping (for you and me) that it really is as easy and pain free as it sounds.
Unread 11-10-2011, 05:34 PM

Yes, some people tolerate pain better too. I am hoping to have minimal pain after my da Vinci next week. Will let you know!
Unread 11-10-2011, 05:53 PM

I'm going in for my daVinchi in 4 days - seriously praying for a pain free easy recovery! I'm having another surgery for mastectomy/reconstruction on Jan 5 so I'm hoping to be fully recovered by then!
Unread 11-10-2011, 05:53 PM

Yes! I didn't have any pain at all! All I needed when I came home was Motrin...... I even skipped days without realizing it! Lol....
Unread 11-10-2011, 09:11 PM

I had DVH and had some pain... Nothing too bad though...
My incisions did not hurt but the gas pains lasted a week and were painful for me. BMs were painful too. I had some pain in my bladder due to it being removed from my uterus. It was fused to it.
The most pain was in the first 3 days and then after that only if I over did it.
With-in a week I was pretty much pain free.
Some have gone thru it pain free. Some have not...
I am 3 1/2 weeks post and I feel better than I have in years... I get tired sometimes but no pain anymore.

Good luck... and
Unread 11-10-2011, 10:55 PM

Upper West Side -

Most definitely keep the view that "your mileage may vary".

It can depend on how much work you are having done and how you react to the surgery. When I talked to my surgeon he told me 6 weeks maybe 8 off of work. I was off 6 and the first 2 back were rough. My surger was for a cancer dx.

He also told me that for the first 6 months daVinci patients are ahead in recovery but after that it is equal to open surgeries.

Good luck with your surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register