Scheduled dVH/RALH Breast Cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Breast Cancer Breast Cancer

Unread 11-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Breast Cancer

I am not sure where to ask the ? But I will start here ',

My Surgery has all been setup in less than a week as I a
have continued to bleed even during Chemo and radiation due to breast cancer this past year , my last day for rads is tommarow. I had my 2nd hysteroscopy in less than a month first in the hospital, yesterday by the gyn onco, as the pathology report came back unconfirmed neo plasma, he said he seen no cancer, but that I have a lot of scar tissue and a 2cm fibroid. Bleeding has continued even after the novasure ablation in April , that was done by my gyn.the onc gyn said it didn't take.he recommends a complete hysterectomy due to the breast cancer which was stage 2 grade 3,and found in 1 lymp node.well the breast cancer is treatments are finally finished tommarow.And I did great through the whole ordeal( they tell me )

I am so nervous about this surgery, I stayed up last night reading all of your post on the post op, after da Vinci surgery. I'm not sure if because of the scar tissue and one of the location of the fibroids the doctor seen will make the surgery more difficult or the same? The doctor says I will be in the hospital overnight that's it! I also am so scared about what to expect having no hormones left I don't want to go crazy! Because of the breast cancer they say you should not take? Before I was diagnosed with breast cancer I was on biodentical hormones including pellet injection testosterone and estrogen . well needless to say after I thought I was doing the right thing for my body breast cancer 4 years later,with no history in family! I am hoping to find someone here in a similar situation as to what they did in the form of natural approach to menopause .
Any information woul be great thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Re: Breast Cancer

Hi there - I am new here too - actually this is my first reply. I can understand why you are scared. I am scared too. I like you have breast cancer. I have Stage IV with liver metastasis since April of 2006. I am HER2 positive and ER/PR positive so I have been taking Herceptin and have been on the Lupron shot to put me into menopause and shut estrogen down since 2006. The lupron is losing it's effectiveness and my FSH and estradiol tests have show to be high and circulating estrogen so they are recommending a hysterectomy along with a bilateral oophorectomy. I have some other things going on and more tests and scans in December so am putting the surgery off until January. I am really scared about the surgery as I am a surgery hater but it seems I do not have much choice in the matter. From what the doctor has told me I should not have many more menopause effects than I had on Lupron. Mostly I suffered from numerous hot flashes which I learned to deal with and vaginal dryness - certainly not fun by any means but to keep the cancer at bay it is worth it. They say the side effects may intensify a little but I am hoping to come out mostly the same. I know I don't have any advice really to offer but I do understand your fears and I do hope that it goes well. Hugs coming to you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register