acne and weight- estradiol dose? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

acne and weight- estradiol dose? acne and weight- estradiol dose?

Unread 11-11-2011, 10:14 AM
acne and weight- estradiol dose?

I feel really good on 2 mg, but it would be PERFECT if I didn't have the new acne and I could lose the 30 pounds I gained this year- I've been eating very carefully and exercising almost everyday for a month, but I've only lost 2 lbs. I was fit and thin before this year of hormone upheaval, and would really like to get back there... I'm in touch with my Dr to see what she has to say, but I was wondering if any of you had similar problems and what conclusions you came to...
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Re: acne and weight- estradiol dose?

I am on 1 mg daily and having the same exact problems. I am getting married in 5 weeks and and have stopped taking it two weeks ago, in hopes that my skin would clear up and I would loose a little bit of the weight. It has worked! The acne has cleared up and I haven't gained anymore weight (haven't lost any either).
Unread 11-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Thanks for your response! I read everywhere that acne is caused by too little estrogen, but my Dr office said that 2 mg is really the upper limit of doses. I tried to cut down to 1.5 mg, but started having pretty miserable side effects, so now I'm back up to 2 and feeling pretty good- but with acne now cold sores, which I haven't had since I was a kid. I am losing weight at a snail's pace, but like you said, at least I'm not putting anymore on. It all evens out to being just fine for now. Congratulations, by the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2011, 12:44 PM

Thank you! I have read too that it is from too little estrogen, however, like I said I have taken myself off of it completely and the acne has vanished! I had my davinci hyst/ooph June 23. I am having insomnia and hot flashes and will start on herbal remidies after I have surgery tomorrow ( I also had a prophylactic bilateral mastectomy in Jan so I am removing tissue expanders to place permanant implants tomorrow!). Best of luck to you!
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:34 PM

I am so there with you! I am also on 2mg of estradiol. I was on the Vivelle dot previous to this but switched due to one costing me 20$ and the other .92$. :-)

I am having other issues too (mood and energy but have never had night sweats or hot flashes) but am also having acne.

Like you, I had read it was due to too little estrogen. Doc put me on antibiotic for acne and I have also been using tea tree oil. I am noticing some difference but not as clear as I was before.

As a side note, I had PCOS and had suffered from acne my whole life until I did Accutane after my last children were born. After the Accutane, my face was clear and perfect until the hysterectomy. I am only 40. I was pretty bummed that the acne came back after I thought I had licked that problem....
Unread 07-22-2017, 12:10 PM

I know this thread is old, but did any of you resolve the acne issue? I too have read about low estrogen and acne, but I'm not buying it. Every time I quit taking estrogen my skin clears up. I've posted about this matter, but received no responses. Surely, other people have this issue!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register