im goin crazy! how to pass the time! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

im goin crazy! how to pass the time! im goin crazy! how to pass the time!

Unread 11-14-2011, 11:19 AM
im goin crazy! how to pass the time!

Ok im just jittery ! Im going crazy sitting here! Im only 5 days post op and i already have cabin fever!! Im in crazy pain and sick as a dog. I just so tired of moving from bed to chair to couch ahhhhhhhhh lol i feel like i have raped the tv remote control....
Dr said not to do anything due to complications and lots of extra stiches.

What are/did you do to pass the time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Re: im goin crazy! how to pass the time!

I read, surf the net, and watch tv. The worst part for me is not being able to work. That means no money for Christmas.
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:45 AM

I did all of the above along with alot of word searches, cross stitch, puzzles and sleeping. There were even a few days that I did one of my kids paint by number pictures just for something to do. I know it's a difficult time to get thru when you aren't used to sitting around doing nothing. Hang in there.

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2011, 01:32 PM

hounddog

Checkout the post op articles, there are several with suggestions on things to do.

However, based on what you have said about your surgery it sounds like you are doing exactly what you should!

Unread 11-14-2011, 01:52 PM

I catch up all the new movies on HBO and on demand lol...
Unread 11-14-2011, 06:29 PM

I'm right there with you hounddog! I've watched everything even remotely interesting to me on netflix, cross stitched until my eyes blurred. Read my house dry of books and seems like halfway through the library too lol. I got bored with the game site I had joined and am now waiting for a bunch of computer games to get here by mail.
Unread 11-14-2011, 07:43 PM

Lol....I watched many movies on Netflix too. Do you believe that I started to read the text books although I dropped off all the classes in this sememster. I hate to read the text books...hopefully, I will have a good grade next semester lol...
Unread 11-14-2011, 08:25 PM

I have been watching movies, reading, facebooking, and sending my co-workers a daily greeting. I send in an email a day with things like birthdays and work anniversaries, today in history trivia, or mind benders, tounge twisters. They are loving it. Helps keep me connected. I also ordered some new supplies for my jewlery making hobbie. I make fused glass pendants. I can't wait for that to get here.
Unread 11-14-2011, 08:34 PM

Sounds like we are all terrified that our couches will sprout legs and RUN! LOL imma hold mine down!!
Unread 11-15-2011, 12:38 AM

I had my sister and niece come for the weekend. We had a get-together. A few good friends for games. I camped out on the couch most of the time. But the love and laughter made my horrible previous 9 days melt away. Now resting and waiting for friends posts on FB and texts on phone. My husband calls me at lunch, gives me something to look forward to.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register