tmi bowel prep ??'s | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tmi bowel prep ??'s tmi bowel prep ??'s

Unread 11-14-2011, 06:52 PM
tmi bowel prep ??'s

ok...i'm in the middle of my freaking bowel prep and need some advise....i'm seriously getting sick to my stomach drinking this ****....

so here is the tmi part...i've been going to the bathroom...what is coming out is yellow and liquid...there is no solids at all....and haven't had any solids since early this afternoon...

i know that i'm supposed to drink all of it....but does anyone feel like i could stop now before i start puking? i can handle the going to the bathroom part....i'm using all the good advise i got here!

thanks for the help! just trying to get through a few more hours then i'm off to bed and then off to the castle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Re: tmi bowel prep ??'s

Been there! I am SO sorry!

Read the little writing that came with the package. It might tell you if you are far enough. (I found better guidance in the fine print. In mine, it told me the minimum amount I needed to drink - which was indeed less than the full jug - and what the output needed to look like to be sufficient.)

If you can't find help within the instructions, you can call your doctor's office and ask them.

It is nasty stuff!! Make sure to keep it very cold. Hold your breath. Rinse with plain water afterwards. Count or sing a song while swallowing. Any distraction you can think of.

Good luck tomorrow, too!
Unread 11-14-2011, 07:15 PM

thanks bugati!!

i'm going to go read the fine print as soon as i hit submit!

i've been chasing each nasty swallow with gatorade or apple juice...it's not cutting it though...

according to what i found online, my bowels are "clear"

of course my husband is going to buy an enema and do that first thing in the morning....uggg....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2011, 07:28 PM

Actually, the fine print that comes with the prep may not apply. Many surgeons give their own specific instructions that override what comes in the package.

I know it is miserable and I, too, get very sick to my stomach and have almost thrown up various preps. But you need to call the doctor or the hospital to find out if you can adjust the prep. We can't give you medical advice and not completing the prep correctly or fully can be dangerous and/or cause your surgery to be canceled.

Unread 11-14-2011, 07:44 PM

thanks weiser!!

i know you are not a medical professional....i was just looking for some guideance...in fact, i have a call into the doctor to see what she says...

thanks again for your support and advise!
Unread 11-14-2011, 09:40 PM

Good luck! I need to drink the go-litely for my Thanksgiving dinner!
Unread 11-14-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortme View Post
Good luck! I need to drink the go-litely for my Thanksgiving dinner!

thank you!!! i'm sorry that this is your thanksgiving dinner...make sure someone saves you some awesome leftovers!
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:34 PM

I find that using straw and putting the straw at the very back of my tongue before the gag reflex area and chug the **** out of it then it gets down pretty well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register