Does anyone have fibromyalgia? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone have fibromyalgia? Does anyone have fibromyalgia?

Unread 11-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Does anyone have fibromyalgia?

I am 34 years old and am scheduled for a TVH in January 2012 due to fibroids. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about a year and a half ago but have had it much longer. Also have a thyroid disorder. I was curious if anyone else suffered with fibro and has had their surgery already how it affected them. Did it seem more difficult to recover afterwards. Or if anyone has fibro, has not had their surgery and how are they preparting differently. If they are worried about post op and if they had discussed this with their doctors. Just wondering, I have looked online some and havent found anyone that has it and has had thier surgery. Thanks for any and all tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Re: Does anyone have fibromyalgia?

Yes I have Fibromyalgia and went thru surgery...I was in alot of pain and went thru alot with the whole ordeal but I think it varies from person to person and depending on how ur Fibro affects ur everyday life! Praying for you fellow Fibro sufferer!
Unread 11-15-2011, 11:04 AM

First of all it feels. Nice not to be alone ;-) I'm 35yrs old and surgerys schudled for 12/7/11 due to fibroids I've slowly starting gettin fibromyalga about a yr ago in my foot and chest its now spreading to my wrists and elbows knees etc.. (I'm also HIV+):-\as if things couldn't get any worse I found out that my excess bleedin was not just a heavy period i had utirine fibroids which as u know intensivies the "bad cramps"to like a million :O AuGh!!! So anywho I'm now schedled for surgery.I'm a lil worried scared and like u I've been doing nothing but net surfng since.ill keep u posted threw out my journey;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2011, 11:20 AM

Hi RenaR,

I have it too my doctor did not want to officially diagnose me with it so it is not on my medical records, I quess for insurance reasons. I am not sure if he is a believer that it even exists?? Well I know it does I hurt all over 24/7 I have other health problems though too so I am sure those also contribute to the whole picture. I am nervous about how I will recover, I seem to be a more slow healer.
Unread 11-15-2011, 11:29 AM

The only reason I got actually "diganogsed"was because my doc had no clue what other test to try for it not to be but bad on her I guess cause I know have it:-( I hate the fact they being doctors should know ur not kidding about the 24/7 pain but yet only want to perscribe pretty much baby asprin cause they use the ol ull get addicted crap Hello I'm not like everyone else I'm in actual pain here!!! When is ur surgery? Ill stay in touch to let u know how mine went;-)
Unread 11-15-2011, 11:51 AM

Hello Im 36 and suffer from fibro, cfs, thyroid disorder and few other things Im due to have my op in January Im dreading it mainly because of my fibro and the recovery Im having my hysterectomy by the abdominal cut only safe way to do it due to my massive swelling fibroid..Im on morphine everyday for my fibro so at least it will help with pain after op...

Hugs
Amanda xxx
Unread 11-15-2011, 12:12 PM

Wow I'm seein a scary pattern here were all in our 30's! so young:-( hope some of u had the chance to be a mother?I'm also mainly worried about recovery due to myalgia just learnin about in general now I gotta worrie about recovering from a major surgery like this?o_Ooh my! mines gonna be done lyperscopic? On 12/7/11 I'm lookin foward to stopin the bleedin and hope 2 help with the sharp stabbin pains I get in my pelvic and sides for some reason I can't stomache morphines I can only take vicadoine or peckacets which my bunk *** doc hardly gives me any on the plus side I have a wonderful husband who will pamper and baby me back 2 recovery and I found out Medical Cannabis does help out 2 **;-) Rena
Unread 11-15-2011, 12:19 PM

Hi Rena Im a mum to 3 sons and even though Im scared to death with having to have such a major op I am also looking forward to No more bleeding, Because of my fibroids like you I get stabbing pains all the time and constant bleeding and blood clots it gets so bad sometimes I can't walk or go out anywhere just in case I leak everywhere... I don't have a husband but Iv'e got a brilliant boyfriend who will help and look after me , my boys are 12, 18 and 19 so older two can look after themselves and look after my 12 yr old aswell.. My main worry with them is will they keep my house neat and tidy while im out of action ... There boys so No probably not !!! lol

Iv'e not tried Medical Cannabis but I have always said I would if the morphine stopped working ( my body gets used to medication too quickly) ..

Gentle Hugs
Amanda xx
Unread 11-15-2011, 12:35 PM

;-) Amanda,
I know what u mean about boys although its just me and my man in the house its like havin a kid lol I'm the one who does the "tiding"up but the one main thing my man dreads is the dish washing oh an so do I :-D we also have 2 cats to help with the healing as far as cannabis there are a vairity of way to do it besides smoking there are certin edables which can help u relax ur body or help u sleep if u got a problem with nausea smokin helps me with that even gives me the want to eat sometimes I'm in so much pain I can't eat so that's when either smokin or eatin an edable may help but I'm not here to try and push cannabis on any one just offering some advise which I know we all can use;-) Xxx Rena R
Unread 11-15-2011, 12:36 PM

I am having my LSH on 12/1 and I have RSD/CRPS in my right foot and leg for the last year and a half. Not sure how this surgery will affect my RSD/CRPS. I feel like it is also leading into fibro, my whole body aches pretty much all the time and I am so tired. I am also anemic from my heavy periods and I have an enlarged uterus with at least 2 fibroids. I have lower back pain pretty much all the time which my Dr. seems to think it's my uterus causing the pain. I am too worried about surgery and how it will affect my RSD. I intend to ask my Dr. about this at my pre-op appt on 11/18. Just know that you are not alone and we are here for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register