Feeling lost and helpess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling lost and helpess Feeling lost and helpess

Unread 11-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Feeling lost and helpess

I had a complete hysterectomy done, so I am without my ovaries. My Oncologist does not believe in giving me any hormones. I over-produced Estrogen and he said Progesterone causes more problems then it solves.

A week ago I noticed my imbalance for the first time. Our local football team got a touchdown and I wanted to cry. A sad cry, not one of joy. Little by little it has been happening more and more. Today It happened all throughout the day.

I had the surgery because I had uterine cancer. Now I am freaking out about what all that really meant. I have been deamed cancer free now, but due to my emotions all over the place, I feel like I am slipping into a depression.

Can anyone help....PLEASE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2011, 04:16 AM
Re: Feeling lost and helpess

It sounds like your hormones are out of whack and depression is very common. You over produced estrogen when you had ovaries that I can understand but since you no longer have them that isnt possible. Some people use anti depressants to help them with menopause so maybe that is an option for you. I would talk to your Dr. again to inform him how you are feeling. Get your options and if you are not satisfied try and find a dr that specialize in hormone inbalances. Just remember what you are feeling is normal for someone thrown into surgical menopause and there is help out there. Good luck.

Tracy
Unread 11-15-2011, 09:21 AM

Bless your heart, If hormones aren't an option due to cancer, I would recommend antidepressants. I went through a similar thing last summer, and couldn't stop crying, I felt helpless, and couldn't function. I wouldn't have loved to known my hormone levels at that time. But with prayer and family, I'm doing better. I hope you find your balance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2011, 08:24 PM

I agree with the antidepressants. I know many women who went on them after having everything removed. I did 3 weeks ago and am feeling like you. I go from rage one minute to tears the next. Tomorrow I'm calling my doctor and I think you should too. There is nothing wrong with getting help while you get use to the new change. For your whole life you've had hormones to help balance you out and now, all of the sudden they are gone. There is nothing wrong with you, it is completely normal to feel like this and need assistance to get to feeling yourself again. Please call your doctor or a general doctor.
Unread 11-16-2011, 12:22 AM

Thank you. Yes, I have my 3 week exam with him on Thursday. I just wonder if the fact that I am oveweight and had cancer is why he doesnt want to prescribe anything because estrogen will make me more likely to get breast cancer.
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:08 PM

Hang in there and talk to your doctor. If s/he won't listen - find one who will. I went through surgical menopause (no cancer) and it was hell until I went on HRT. If that is not an option the antidepressants or anti-anxiety pills may be a solution. Be kind to yourself - surgical menopause is very difficult and you don't just bounce back after a few weeks. Be patient as it could take awhile to find the answer for yourself.
Unread 11-17-2011, 07:21 AM

Also, Make sure to get your vit D level, b level checked out. My D had bottomed out and that is something common that I had no idea about.
Unread 11-20-2011, 03:50 PM

I had my hysto due to cancer, and my oncologist didn't believe in HRT either. I tried several antipressants, and they caused more problems then they cured.
I saw another oncologist in the practice who was OK with HRT, then I switched to a regular gyn who participated in a study of HRT after low grade cancer. I've been on the patch for about a year now, and things are much better.(not perfect, but better)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register