Scheduled dVH/RALH 8 days to go.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 days to go.. 8 days to go..

Unread 11-15-2011, 07:01 PM
8 days to go..

Surgery is next Wednesday and my nerves are starting to get the best of me... I have read almost every pre-op post in here and it is starting to scare me a little... I'm nervous for the post-op.. how bad will I feel? Will I feel better than I did after my laparoscopy? I don't have a clue.... so I am now nervous... I guess ill know in 8 days....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Re: 8 days to go..

Yeah, that waiting is killer. That afterwards unknown is what was getting me. I was on a morphine drip with a push button. My surgery actually started at 4:15 (was scheduled for 1), so I found myself waking up better around 4am. But was so groggy, I felt awake, but couldn't keep my eyes open. Periodically (before and after that) I'd wake up and ask for juice or jello, eat and zonk again. I was waking more by 6ish, and just got clearer and clearer through the day (was also moved to pill for pain meds in the morning, solid food, etc). I finally got up to go to the bathroom in the early morning, and it was so much better than after my appendix was removed years ago. My surgery went as planned, just a bit longer than expected because of the size of my uterus.

Hope that gives you an idea of what you can expect afterwards. Hope yours goes equally, if not better, as well as mine.
Unread 11-15-2011, 08:22 PM

Waiting stinks but it will be here before you know it. Don't let your nerves get the best of you...i believe that staying as stress free as possible helps in recovery. My post op wasn't too bad. Had no pain when I first woke up but started to have a little when after I was moved to pre-release area. I was given a Percocet and that made me feel horrible. I had a lot of pain getting out of bed at first but it got better. They were able to give me a shot for the nausea and I felt so much better that I went home soon after. Everyone has different experiences so don't be nervous by anything you read. Best of luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2011, 09:13 PM

Being nervous is normal - this is a scary surgery. Everyone responds differently, and so just because some women have had a negative experience does not mean you will. The Internet can be overwhelming at times - information overload.

No one knows what post-op will be like. You just have to take it one day at a time and address issues as they arise. One thing you are in control of is obeying your doctors orders - both pre-op and post-op. Follow these to the letter. The instructions and restrictions are there for a reason - your health.

This is a difficult time. We are here to support you, and will help you through this - both pre and post op.

Hugs to you.
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:07 PM

Right there with ya - 8 days and counting. Tomorrow will be my last Wednesday with a uterus! I'm getting anxious about all sorts of things, and the waking-up in post op is one of them. Also have a nagging, lingering cough that will not go away...sure hope it's gone by then... I was MISERABLE after my laparoscopy for the first 4-5 days. I was surprised that it took almost 6 weeks before I felt 100% normal. I sure hope my pain is better managed this time. I just can't wait to put this behind me and be over and done, and know you must be feeling the same way. I'll know on Monday when my time is, wednesday... Do you have your time yet?
Unread 11-16-2011, 07:58 AM

One week to go!!
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:16 PM

im scared mine is scheduled for 7:30 am on monday morning. 5 days and counting. dr told me yesterday i believe that what he is doing changed from a supercervical to a lap vag assisted. but could change since i wiegh 225 i may end up with an abdominal. so i am scared. we planned on just taking uterus but now he is taking it all. so i dont know what to expect. i am sooo scared. he said one night stay for sure hospital nurse called me today and said it may be more so plan accordingly. either way good luck everyone
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:32 PM

You ladies are doing great with alot of stress. You will get through this.

If you have a TAH, you will need to stay for a few days - you won't feel like going home anyway. With my TAH BSO, I went in on Tuesday AM and went home Friday PM. I did not feel like going home before Friday.

Good luck with your upcoming surgeries. We will be waiting for you on the other side.

(((Hugs))) to you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register