Pre-op appt yesterday - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op appt yesterday Pre-op appt yesterday

Unread 11-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Re: Pre-op appt yesterday

Well I've had two children - but both C-sections, so my gynae said it would probably be painfuil - but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, despite the fact I always need the smallest speculum cause I'm really little!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2011, 07:25 AM

To answer two questions: he said my biopsy was difficult because of all the fibroids in there, he though he was "running into them when trying to get to the tissue. Ouch.

Regarding pre-op, mine was in two parts. One part was a conversation with the surgeon where I just got to sit (fully clothed) and chat. He told me step by step what would happen and what the "variables are" once he gets in there. I was loaded with questions from hyster sisters LOL. The pre-op second half was labs. Blood draw, EKG, height, weight, blood pressure, urine sample and health history. They also told me what to expect from the surrounding care team, so that was very helpful, and gave me information to give my family the day-of to keep them informed.
Unread 11-17-2011, 08:25 AM

My cervix didn't want to open, and my large fibroid causes my uterus to be on a weird position. My two births were by c-section, so nothing has passed thru mine. It wasn't the absolute worst thing, but I wouldn't volunteer for another one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeebeanberry View Post
Hi, I have not been scheduled for my pre-op appt you are both mentioning here. Would you please tell me about it? What do they do?
Is it a consultation before surgery? What video??
I am in the Philippines and must be different here???
Cant wait to move back home!!
Thanks in advance,
Yes, it's just a consultation before your surgery. You will sign consent forms to have the surgery. If you need to do bowel prep, he will explain that. My Dr. makes you watch a video, so I was told, to better explain the type of surgery I will be having. It's also a good time to ask any questions you may have and address your fears at this time. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have on this site. I have my pre-op tomorrow, 11/18, so I will keep you posted.
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:06 PM

I have LSH scheduled for Tuesday (11/22) and preop tomorrow. I've had an endometrial biopsy already (it was fine) so will I need to have a pelvic tomorrow? I'm not "prepared" - you know, trimmed up and such. I'm a bit wild at the moment. I planned to get prepped this weekend. Should there be any reason to go to all the trouble for tomorrow's preop? I have so much to do, that's the last thing I wanted to do tonight, lol. I was just hoping for the "chat and labs" preop...
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeMay2 View Post
Yes, it's just a consultation before your surgery. You will sign consent forms to have the surgery. If you need to do bowel prep, he will explain that. My Dr. makes you watch a video, so I was told, to better explain the type of surgery I will be having. It's also a good time to ask any questions you may have and address your fears at this time. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have on this site. I have my pre-op tomorrow, 11/18, so I will keep you posted.
Hi again, thank you so much for faking the time and getting back to me! It means a lot to me! Good luck with your pre-op meeting tomorrow.
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:23 PM

Hi, don't worry it will be fine? At least you already have everything scheduled and planned! That is good.
I am still waiting on approvals here. It's killing me! Would give anything to have it done tomorrow! Take care and let me know how it went?
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFitzRN View Post
I have LSH scheduled for Tuesday (11/22) and preop tomorrow. I've had an endometrial biopsy already (it was fine) so will I need to have a pelvic tomorrow? I'm not "prepared" - you know, trimmed up and such. I'm a bit wild at the moment. I planned to get prepped this weekend. Should there be any reason to go to all the trouble for tomorrow's preop? I have so much to do, that's the last thing I wanted to do tonight, lol. I was just hoping for the "chat and labs" preop...
I would not think you will have a pelvic, I have not read of anyone who did except those having a biopsy so you should be good until the weekend.
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoodle View Post
I would not think you will have a pelvic, I have not read of anyone who did except those having a biopsy so you should be good until the weekend.
Thanks KCDoodle, I hope you're right! I look a bit like a bushwoman (no pun intended haha) at the moment. I'd hate that if we had to "go there".
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:39 PM

I hear you. I was pondering this whole upcoming surgery today in the context of what we women go through versus men. Kind of makes me mad - men age in a this fairly even -handed linear fashion and we seem to go with high highs and low lows. All of our parts that "give life" in our early years seem to zap it away later. Well, that is my deep thinking soap-box editorial for the day. My anxiety is clearly showing!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register