Pre-op appt yesterday - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op appt yesterday Pre-op appt yesterday

Unread 11-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Re: Pre-op appt yesterday

Is an edometrial biopsy more painful than a D&C? Which is more accurate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2011, 08:43 AM

A D&C is more painful. When I had my son years ago, some of the lining (afterbirth) was still stuck to my uterus and the doctor ripped and scraped it all out while I was fully conscious with no pain killer. It was far more painful than the uterine biopsy I had years later.
Unread 11-23-2011, 08:45 AM

with a D&C you are asleep so I don't know..my dr made small talk with me so it went really fast. Not something to put on your fun list but its not bad. I have really bad cramps with my period and the cramps weren't even that bad. Good luck...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisongiselle View Post
Is a endometrial biopsy more painful than a D&C?
Well for an endometrial biopsy you are awake, it's just a little uncomfortable when they are taking the samples. They usually tell you to take something before you come to your appt. Once they take the samples, you feel fine. As far as a D&C, my experiences have been that I was put to sleep so I didn't feel anything during or even after. Hope this helps.
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:39 PM

Yeah the endo biopsy is not pleasant BUT it was only about 15 seconds of pain so I see why they dont give you any meds before this procedure.
Unread 11-29-2011, 02:21 PM

My doctor told me no shaving one week prior to surgery. He doesn't want any knicks and possibilities of infection.
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:04 PM

I had to have the biopsy and there was so much blood in me they had to do it FOUR times... I won't lie - it hurt like a mutha! : )

There is so much information on this site that I never would have thought to ask. I definitely want to keep my cervix and anything else I can keep. If I've already had my tubes tied (yesterday, while I was supposed to get an Ablation) can I keep my ovaries? Does anyone know???

Thanks, Sisters! This is scary - so thankful for this site!
Unread 11-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Worst pre-op ever

Okay sisters I had my pre-op visit this morning, I found out from the check in and the lab that I was scheduled for a TAH. Now at this point I have yet to sit down with my Doctor (the man that is suppose to be doing my surgery) to discuss my surgery options. I had in my mind that I was going to have a LAVH, and that would be that. Now take in mind that my surgery is the 8th of Dec and my bags are packed my husband and my work schedules have been canceled for my surgery.

So at 2:00pm was my appt to meet with the Doc, but to my suprise again I was greeted by a intern that said that my appt was with her and not the person that was going to do my surgery!!!!!! I was in shock, I told her that I was to see the Doctor and not her. Well cone to find out he was holding clinic and that the only Hyst he does are abdominal...... I was and still am livid.... I was so upset that I asked for a copy of my file and walked out. I work in the medical field and have never seen anything like this in my life that was Very Poor patient care. If I had known months ago that was the only type of Hyst that he does I would of went else were. I'm just can't stop being mad and hurt, and the thing is he never came in the room to talk to me....Just beside myself right now.. (sorry for the missed spelled words)
Unread 11-30-2011, 10:46 PM

I did not have to have a biopsy at my pre-op appt. However, I have had those in the past due to cancerous cells. It is not fun. I have had two. Good luck tomorrow. We will both be in the same spot!

Surgery tomorrow!
Unread 11-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Re: Worst pre-op ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchavis3 View Post
Okay sisters I had my pre-op visit this morning, I found out from the check in and the lab that I was scheduled for a TAH. Now at this point I have yet to sit down with my Doctor (the man that is suppose to be doing my surgery) to discuss my surgery options. I had in my mind that I was going to have a LAVH, and that would be that. Now take in mind that my surgery is the 8th of Dec and my bags are packed my husband and my work schedules have been canceled for my surgery.

So at 2:00pm was my appt to meet with the Doc, but to my suprise again I was greeted by a intern that said that my appt was with her and not the person that was going to do my surgery!!!!!! I was in shock, I told her that I was to see the Doctor and not her. Well cone to find out he was holding clinic and that the only Hyst he does are abdominal...... I was and still am livid.... I was so upset that I asked for a copy of my file and walked out. I work in the medical field and have never seen anything like this in my life that was Very Poor patient care. If I had known months ago that was the only type of Hyst that he does I would of went else were. I'm just can't stop being mad and hurt, and the thing is he never came in the room to talk to me....Just beside myself right now.. (sorry for the missed spelled words)
So sorry you have to go thru all of this. He should have been upfront with you and told you at the very first appt that he only did abdominal. And of course you wanted to see him since he is doing your surgery! Good for you for asking for a copy of your files and walking out. That is unacceptable. My surgery is tomorrow, 12/1, I received a call this morning from my regular Gyno who was having a hissy fit because the Dr. who SHE referred me to is doing my surgery and she just found out today and was giving me a hard time as to why she wasn't doing it. Do you think I need to deal with this stuff on the day before my surgery?
How unprofessional of her and I am so glad that I stuck with this Dr. who is an Endocronologist to do my surgery.
Good luck to you and I know you will find another Dr. who will treat you great! Hugs.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register