Not Scheduled New, young, and frightened | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New, young, and frightened New, young, and frightened

Unread 11-17-2011, 10:55 AM
New, young, and frightened

Hey, I'm new and 29 years old. My dr told me I will need atleast a partial hysterectomy to remove my enlarged and very thick uterus. He is doing a d&c with scope to check for cancer first. I have very high estrogen and lh levels. I had an ultrasound and no cysts or fibroids were found. I do not have heavy periods, but am very irregular. My symptoms are; painful intercourse, lots of discharge, lower abdominal tenderness, and hot flashes. I have others, but those are my majors. Anyone have similar situation. I am scared about the cancer tests.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Re: New, young, and frightened

My situation is not the same as yours, but my heart goes out to you. Just wanted you to know that.

It does look like you are in good hands medically anyway. Maybe your doctor can point you to a local support group, too.

Keep us posted, and take care.
Unread 11-17-2011, 05:56 PM

It is not an easy choice. I am sorry.
I had pain with intercourse. Not sure if I still do, since I am not healed yet from my hyterectomy. Dr said since I have pcos and my ovaries are larged maybe hubby bumping them. The tenderness was an issue for me as well.
As I heal I know it was the right choice for me.

It never hurts to get a second Dr to look at the reports to see what they say.

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2011, 06:20 PM
New, young, and frightened

Did you have a hysterectomy bc of your pcos? Was it complete or partial?
Unread 11-17-2011, 08:23 PM

Welcome. I'm so glad you are fact-finding. Waiting for the results of the cancer tests is difficult. On a different note, don't forget second opinions, especially if no cancer is present. Please know that we understand the emotional roller coaster, and we care.
Unread 11-17-2011, 08:53 PM

I appreciate the replies. I don't want to worry my family until I have more info so I don't have a lot of support. I would feel better if I could find ANYTHING that matches my symptoms besides cancer.
Unread 11-17-2011, 11:20 PM

I just wanted to say Welcome and that we are here for you. I also have an enlarged uterus, fibroids, and back pain. My Dr. is not sure why my uterus is enlarged, maybe more fibroids? I do have the heavy bleedning every month which caused my anemia. I will know more after my surgery on 12/1. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.
Unread 11-17-2011, 11:36 PM

Thanks! I don't have heavy periods or anemia. No fibroids shown on my ultrasound so we don't know why. Wish I didn't have to wait so long for my biopsy results, but I refused to cancel my trip home for Thanksgiving. My own fault I guess.
Unread 11-17-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahharbaugh View Post
Thanks! I don't have heavy periods or anemia. No fibroids shown on my ultrasound so we don't know why. Wish I didn't have to wait so long for my biopsy results, but I refused to cancel my trip home for Thanksgiving. My own fault I guess.
Hang in there and take one day at a time. We are all here for you! Hugs.
Unread 11-18-2011, 01:41 AM

You sound similar to me. I'm 35 now (was 34 when this all got worse). Enlarged uterus, lots of bleeding, anemia, clots, lots of estrogen/low progesterone. As I now know, back pain, insomnia, foggy brain, weight gain, etc etc etc.

I had my LAVH three weeks ago today. I feel so much better than I did. My emotions were so dark for so long, and they're getting better. I can cry again (never thought I'd be happy about that). I can lay on my back again...I haven't been able to do that for more than 4 years.

Welcome to the boards. Hope your procedure goes well, I'm doing great (other than a cold/allergies? grr) after mine.

ETA: Forgot to add, I had the cancer test too, and was nervous a bit, but it came out negative. Hope yours does too. I was glad that we did it before surgery, I didn't have to worry about that on top of surgery (them doing a biopsy and getting the results later).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register