Not Scheduled New, young, and frightened - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New, young, and frightened New, young, and frightened

Unread 11-18-2011, 03:36 AM
Re: New, young, and frightened

Hi,
I just wanted to say that there are probably a lot of reasons you could have to those symptoms aside from cancer- I know I had messed up hormone levels, hot flashes because of them, painful intercourse and lower abdominal pain (and I always had discharge) and I had endometriosis- a benign but painful condition. I hope the results come back negative for you. Good luck-
Merr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2011, 07:48 AM

I did have cancer. Uterine cancer is actually not that bad -- most of the time, the removal of the uterus is all that's needed, no chemo or radiation at all and recurrence isn't common.

I was an early stage, and the cancer did not appear in my ovaries or lymph nodes. For the next five years, my doctor will see my every 3 months to check everything out. Once I hit five years, I will be declared cured.

So, don't panic, OK? I had terrible visions of the doctor opening me up and finding terrible disease and losing my hair from chemo and all that and I was terrified. In the end, it was no big deal. Chances are good that you'll be just fine.
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:17 AM

That makes me feel better because he says my uterus needs to go either way. Thank you everyone for your stories and support. I think I've made it through my first freakout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2011, 10:19 AM

That makes me feel better because he says my uterus needs to go either way. Thank you everyone for your stories and support. I think I've made it through my first freak out unscathed. Now we just need to get my hormones fixed before I actually hit someone! Ugh!
Unread 11-19-2011, 11:57 AM

My hormones have been wack for a couple of years, pcod diagnosed 15 years ago, endo, pain in belly, back, pain and zero sex drive are all reasons I chose surgery to be done on Nov. 30. It is tough, but we all get to a time when enough is enough. I am 41, so I am sorry for those of you who are going through this so young. We females are a tough breed though! Good luck.
Unread 11-19-2011, 04:32 PM

I myself just turned 27 and new to the whole hyster thing. You will do wonderful and have unlimited support here! Good luck my sister
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:38 PM
New, young, and frightened

HI SARAH, you are in good hands on this site!!
My own situation very different from yours, had TAH&LSO 24 days ago, which was a total shock as I had some bleeding issues, some routine tests and 10 days after the results I was on the operating table!! And I'm 47 with no kids so it is a big deal for me, so I can empathise with at least some of your worries. It's a great idea to share your concerns and feelings and this site has been a super support to me in this extremely difficult time, I hope it can support you too whilst you are in such painful turmoil.

I'm suffering from insomnia (!) hence why I'm on here at 1:35 am here in the UK but just could hear your pain and wanted to extend the arm of another sister to you, in the hope that at the very least you do not feel alone

Warmest hugs and best of luck with your results,
Festi diva

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register