scared and confused | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared and confused scared and confused

Unread 11-17-2011, 02:09 PM
scared and confused

Going today for my my second opinion--so scared but I have been doing some research... Im so scared abt just excepting this whole situation---Now they found a large mass and want to do the surgery ASAP----- or will only get worse.... Im trying to figure out this web-site at the same time, I want to get into a chat-support group with women who are going through same thing ---plus time frame I am on JAN 2012 and I dont know how to do that or if there is one on this web site... Im having a very difficult time through this.. PLEASE HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Re: scared and confused

Welcome to Hystersisters. I'm sorry you're going through this. It is a confusing and stressful time, especially if you don't want a hysterectomy. I'm glad you're getting a second opinion. You don't want to be rushed into surgery unless it's necessary. Please post all your questions and concerns on here. There are lots of us here who know what you're going through.
Unread 11-17-2011, 08:15 PM

Deegurl: Hang in there. I know it is scary, but you have found the right place for info. Just type in whatever question you have in the search field. I've done this often and found many helpful threads. I'm not a doctor, but a large mass sounds like you may need treatment of some sort. Definitely read stories of other sisters who have had this same situation. It is wise of you to research.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2011, 09:02 PM

went in for my second opinion and was basically told the same thing-- I feel like Im running around in circles.... My Uterus, fallopian tubes are inflames the y found a large mass, possible endometriosis--- why am I trying to hold onto these parts of mine? If they are giving my so much trouble? dr today wants to try hormone pills-- but I dont think the pain will go away Im taking Norco, I have vicodin I feel like a darn pill popper just to get through this and buy myself some time----- but now I get to chose which Hysterectomy procedure I want-- any suggestions? I was thinking Da Vinci what do you think?
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:21 AM

Deegurl - I agree with the other posters so far when they say this site is a GREAT resource and you should be able to find answers to a lot of your questions here. The most important thing I can tell you based on my own very recent experience is DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Research the options that are available to to you and decide what works best for you. Ask questions and be sure you understand the answers. This board was invaluable to me when I was first diagnosed with a large mass in early October.
Unread 11-18-2011, 12:14 PM

I wanted my hysterectomy because of my crazy hormones and pain and abnormal bleeding. Because of having such troubles with my hormones I wanted my ovaries out and my doc suggested a total hysterectomy, he did it laproscropically assisted, took out my tubes, ovaries, cervix and uterus which he found was 4 times regular size when he went in was almost not able to remove it vaginally because it was so big, full of fibroids all benign thankfully. So far so good. This site is wonderful, ask your doc lots of questions , my doctor was bale to show me pictures of exactly what he would be doing. Good Luck!!
Unread 11-18-2011, 07:02 PM
scared and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegurl View Post
went in for my second opinion and was basically told the same thing-- I feel like Im running around in circles.... My Uterus, fallopian tubes are inflames the y found a large mass, possible endometriosis--- why am I trying to hold onto these parts of mine? If they are giving my so much trouble? dr today wants to try hormone pills-- but I dont think the pain will go away Im taking Norco, I have vicodin I feel like a darn pill popper just to get through this and buy myself some time----- but now I get to chose which Hysterectomy procedure I want-- any suggestions? I was thinking Da Vinci what do you think?
Unfortunately none of us can recommend which type of procedure is the right one for you. This is a decision that only you and your doctor can make. We each have our own specific health situations and that's what your doctor should be considering and advising you about. I totally understand why you want to keep your uterus. I felt very strongly about keeping mine. If was only a matter of living with the pain I would have chose to do that. But I also had pre cancerous cells on my cervix and due to scarring the doctor couldn't get a clear biopsy. So no way to tell if the pre cancer had come back. It was a hard decision and I'm still second guessing myself and grieving the loss of my uterus. I loved my uterus. It gave me my one beloved child and almost a second if not for miscarriage. Please research carefully and make sure you understand exactly what will be done during surgery and how your life may be different afterwards. Knowledge is power :-)
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:45 AM

I do believe getting the Hysterectomy will benefit me, and be my best option..... I simply am buying myself some time for alot of reasonss---now its the holiday season and also because I am a single mom and need to plan the finance part--so hard!!!!! Dr put me on a hormone pill to control the abnormal bleeding going on 21 days now---- I feel like a darn PILL POPPER and that I own the pharmacy by the looks of my cuboard.Im trying to do my homework on all of this but there are so many options---- I need to bounce back quickly in order to care for my son---I will be taking the 6-8 weeks recovery time so I can give myself time to heal. but which Hysterectomy method should I get done. Dr said he will do whatever one I want--- da vinc,i laporscopic,TAh ? IDK
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:09 AM

Has your doc suggested which he thinks is the best for you? That might help you to be able to decide. Use all the links here to see the advantages/disadvantages of each. No one else can tell you what to do.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register