TVH on the 23rd and pretty scared. - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH on the 23rd and pretty scared. TVH on the 23rd and pretty scared.

Unread 11-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Re: TVH on the 23rd and pretty scared.

Thank you sooo much for all your advice and support. I don't feel so alone now thanks to my hystersisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2011, 09:30 PM

Well 9 hours until kick off. I'm getting more nervous by the minute. Right now I'll just be glad when I can stop running to the bathroom. It's been great reading everyone's comments.
Unread 11-22-2011, 05:25 PM

Hi Jen!

I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow - look forward to seeing you on the other side!!

Good luck to all the other gals going in tomorrow!!

You will all do great!!!!

((((big hugs))))
-Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2011, 05:37 PM

Thanks Jen
Good luck to everyone else too! I will look forward to checking in with you all on the other side.
Hugs
Unread 11-22-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayva View Post
Starting to get really nervous for this Wednesday... I am doing my best to get organized prior to make sure my hubby doesn't have too hard of a time with managing his work and our 2 kids (2 and 4). I am really hoping my recovery will be fast so I can start to drive them to school in a couple of weeks to help take some pressure off of my husband. We live in the Cayman Islands and do not have any family here to help. It is just us. I am not great at asking friends for help, I am the type of person that like to help others but feel like I am inconveniencing everyone else. I really feel that I am going to need extra help though so my husband doesn't get too stressed out.

I would like to hear what you are doing to get prepared and to see if you are just as nervous as me? I do plan to treat myself to a pedicure beforehand, since I will be staring at my feet for a while!
Good Luck for tomorrow!! Hope all goes well. My LSH is on 12/1 and getting very nervous too. See you on the other side soon!! Hugs.
Unread 11-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Re: TVH on the 23rd and pretty scared. Anyone else on this day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbid View Post
I'm on the 23rd, too. Finishing up the last of the laundry, mopping, cleaning, all that stuff this weekend. Mine will be Da Vinci laparoscopic. I have young kids too. Good luck to you!
Good Luck tomorrow with your surgery!! Hope all goes well. Getting ready for my LSH on 12/1 if I don't go crazy by then!! See you on the other side soon! Hugs.
Unread 11-22-2011, 07:38 PM

Good luck tomorrow!
Unread 11-28-2011, 09:18 PM

I am 6 days post-op. I worked 4 hours at my daycare- and only had to take1 pain pill. Great Day today- just a little bit of bladder pressure but an A+ day. I suspect I will have many up and down days to come
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:17 AM

Hi Sisters!

Sorry I have not been on here much since my surgery.

I had a real rough start and catching a cold on top of that made it so much worse. The first couple days of my surgery, I couldn't keep anything down and was just trying to keep my self hydrated. Needless to say, throwing up did not feel so good on my sore belly. I was suprised that when I weighed myself (I am a freak about my weight) I weighed in 10 lbs heavier than when I went in for my surgery! When I asked my doctor, he said that it was just all of the fluids and gas that were pumped into me at the hospital. He also said that it would go away. Well, I haven't lost a pound yet! This is very upsetting to me because none of my close are fitting.
On a better note, day 5 was a great day for me. Virtually pain free the majority of the day but then I "hit a wall" in the evening. I woke up this morning (day 6) and have quite a bit of gas pains. Hopefully I will feel better as the day goes on.....
Just like EllaAngel said above, I guess I will also have many up and down days to come.

Take care
Unread 11-29-2011, 07:53 AM

Brayva - same bit here. Felt GREAT yesterday, walked too much, and spent late afternoon and evening in bed. I'm having to learn how to recover, each day a little different!

Good luck to all you ladies this week, and the coming weeks! It's not too bad on the other side!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register