I need help from my Sisters!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need help from my Sisters!! I need help from my Sisters!!

Unread 11-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Re: I need help from my Sisters!!

seema

I feel really really good. I am having a good recovery because I am FORCING myself not to do things - and you must, as well! You only get one chance to get it right, so make sure you do!

I find it almost impossible to believe I had major surgery only 13 days ago - and I hope you all have as great a recovery as I have so far had

(And if you think the above is hard .. lol ... you should hear my life story!! )

Tori

Just realised you had your surgery some little while ago - but an abdominal surgery is SO much harder than a laparoscopic (been there too). I hope you are still taking it easy seems - I remember my abdominal oophorectomy took AGES longer for me to feel this "together".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2011, 12:02 AM

torifrog,yes you are right..i am in my 6th week postop..and i was coughing a bit today morning...tell me can i wear footwear with low heels...i am so fed up moving around in my flat slippers..and today i have to attend a party!..you know i am from india,so i wear sarees often...but sarees look graceful only with heels...
Unread 11-20-2011, 12:19 AM

Low heels I'm sure will be fine! - And yes, sarees are so fluid and beautiful you do need that little extra height so they hang properly. Try them at home, just walking around for a little while - and if they're comfortable, I am sure you'll be fine.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the party - but do make sure you sit down as often as you need, seema
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2011, 12:24 AM

I had a 5cm ovarian cyst that I swore knew that I was getting it removed. Once I had the surgical consultation, the cyst seemed to get angry, I had fullness, pain, bladder and bowel pressure all the time and back pain.

*Gentle hugs* it is not all in your head, it seems to happen to a lot of us!
Unread 11-20-2011, 12:45 AM

Are you following me around, Scared-ee? :P
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:17 AM

I hear you sister. I started heavy bleeding Friday night -nature's way of a last hurrah I guess, and cramps and aching vagina and all I could think of was, well, this is the last of it. I have had unusual fatigue - for me - as I am super active, exercise every day and busy busy. Last couple weeks sluggish, tired, hoping that is just pre-surgery anxiety zapping my energy. Think positive, we are almost there and then we get to "the other side".
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared-ee-cat View Post
I had a 5cm ovarian cyst that I swore knew that I was getting it removed. Once I had the surgical consultation, the cyst seemed to get angry, I had fullness, pain, bladder and bowel pressure all the time and back pain.

*Gentle hugs* it is not all in your head, it seems to happen to a lot of us!
Thank you so much! I know I am getting nervous but this is so real, the fullness and pressure and the back pain is really bad the last few days. Thanks again for your reply, it is so appreciated!! Hugs.
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:38 AM

I am so glad to see this post. Since I had a CT three weeks ago I have been miserable. The pressure in my abdomin is so intense that I have to lay down when I get home from work because I can't stand sitting up any longer. I've been trying to figure out if it was mental since I know what's going on OR if the scan woke up some angry fibroids! Monday morning surgery!
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoodle View Post
I hear you sister. I started heavy bleeding Friday night -nature's way of a last hurrah I guess, and cramps and aching vagina and all I could think of was, well, this is the last of it. I have had unusual fatigue - for me - as I am super active, exercise every day and busy busy. Last couple weeks sluggish, tired, hoping that is just pre-surgery anxiety zapping my energy. Think positive, we are almost there and then we get to "the other side".
Yes, we are almost there!! I am so sick of being tired and having low energy all the time. My period sucks the life out of me and I was so happy to have had the last one last week!! I am sure we are tired too from anxiety, some nights are hard to sleep because I am thinking about the surgery and the outcome!! Yes, thinking positive and so ready to get this done!! All my best to you and see you on the other side too!!!! Hugs.
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking Up View Post
I am so glad to see this post. Since I had a CT three weeks ago I have been miserable. The pressure in my abdomin is so intense that I have to lay down when I get home from work because I can't stand sitting up any longer. I've been trying to figure out if it was mental since I know what's going on OR if the scan woke up some angry fibroids! Monday morning surgery!
Thanks, I am so glad that I posted this too!! What is up with the pressure?? I have no idea what is going on but I can't sit for a long period of time either, I can't stand either because then my lower back starts hurting too!! Uggh. Maybe our fibroids just grew a little?? So frustrating but we will be feeling so much better soon!! I wish you all the best on Monday!!! HUGS!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register