Best Wishes to our November 22 Princesses - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best Wishes to our November 22 Princesses Best Wishes to our November 22 Princesses

Unread 11-21-2011, 05:39 AM
Re: Best Wishes to our November 22 Princesses

wow I haven't been asked to anything like that! good luck all. I was just told I can eat/drink normally until midnight, then nothing at all. Got to be in by 7.30am and first on the list. Was wondering though, if fasting does that include cleaning teeth?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2011, 06:49 AM

I would think as long as you don't swallow you should be fine?
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:12 PM

Yes, brush your teeth as usual, rinse, and don't swallow any water.

I was told all I had to do was take a shower night before with antimicrobial soap, shower morning of (EARLY) again with antimicrobial soap, nothing by mouth after midnight except zantac w a small sip of water. No bowel prep. No laxatives, gatorade, etc. I wonder why doctors vary so much in their orders?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2011, 03:56 PM

Also told fasting after midnight this week, but my one that was cancelled last week was an 11am admission, and was told nothing by mouth after 7am and could still even have very small sips of water up until 11am. Afternoon surgery lists start at 1.30. When I had my first op in oct it was the later morning admission, and again I was first on list. I was taken down at 2pm, so just 3 hours after last sip. None of that makes sense either.
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:18 PM

They just bumped my surgery back by an hour.... so I have a little more time to get ready in the morning .... hooray for enimas.

I am having the hardest time concentrating right now!!!
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:23 PM

That's handy! I can understand about finding it hard to concentrate. Been like it all day. Where are you? Just wondering on time where you are. On phone which doesn't show location up. I am in the UK. 10.30pm. Trying to stay awake until midnight so i can drink until last minute. Time is ticking down now. Wishing you all the best for tomorrow.
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:28 PM

It is fascinating how the orders vary. The bowel prep has not been bad today, I am nearly at the finish line of running to the throne LOL. I am awfully hungry and nothing seems to satisfy, but I am trying to stay hydrated. Everything is done that can be done....now I just want to get this thing over with and look forward to being home.

I have to be at the castle at 530am for 730am surgery.

Best of luck to all of us scheduled this week and especially for my same date sisters.
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:48 PM

Thank you for all of the support!! And to my other sisters on the 22nd, I hope you can eat some turkey!! That is my big goal! LOL! Love and hugs to all!!
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:50 PM

For me it is 30cc Milk of Magnesia and all liquids today. Nothing after midnight except a sip of water in te morning to take my blood pressure medicine. Good luck all!!
Unread 11-21-2011, 05:24 PM

I have to be in the hospital for 8am, my surgery is at 10...the only instructions I have is nothing by mouth after midnight tonight. Of course I started my period today...5 days after it ended...this is exactly why I'm having the hyster.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register