Scheduled TAH 8 days and counting...starting to stress!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 days and counting...starting to stress!!! 8 days and counting...starting to stress!!!

Unread 11-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Re: 8 days and counting...starting to stress!!!

I don't have to go back at two weeks nor have i promised it. I work in my family business at a desk and have just said I hope to feel like coming a few hours at two weeks but if not it will be ok. My work environment is very flexible and it will workout for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2011, 06:47 PM

Mine is on the 1st of December and I am keeping myself busy by organising all my Christmas presents. My tree is up already with a growing number of gifts surrounding it, one less thing to do. In December I shouldn't need to buy a single thing. I am not at all nervous about the op, more about things at home so we all stress about one thing or another. Good luck to you on your surgery day.
Unread 11-21-2011, 10:29 PM

Thank you to all. Waiting to see how my Mom does this week, all my nerves are now on her!! Hoping to keep my surgery for 12/1 and I think I will be a nervous wreck then!! I was very nervous and anxious before my Mom got sick and now I am too tired to be nervous!! Say a few prayers sisters!! Thanks and Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessee70 View Post
I'm right behind. TAH on the 30th.
So is mine, hey sister
Unread 11-22-2011, 08:29 PM

Had my pre admin today and I'm feeling a little more relaxed for some reason.
Unread 11-22-2011, 08:47 PM

8 days and counting for me also!! If all goes well with Mom being sick in the hospital, I hope to have my pre-admin on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed sisters!!
Unread 11-23-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majc92 View Post
Well, a week from tomorrow (29th) I will be having a TAH. I'm starting to stress about work and leaving my job for others to do. My husband and daughter taking care of all I normally do. How long it will take before I can get back to work and normal. Will I be able to go back part time at no more than two weeks? I don't think I can handle, tired or not, staying home longer than that.

Funny thing is, I'm not stressed so much about the surgery or the pain but what I won't be able to do while recovering.

Don't get me wrong the surgery and hospital stay have me nervous but not stressed.

Yes my level of butterflies is growing and I keep trying to distract myself but seriously am having a hard time not thinking about it all. I want next week to get here fast but yet I don't. Pre Admin is tomorrow morning, I'm sure that won't help the stress levels any.

Ugh, how did you all deal with this kind of stress?
I had a TAH myself, and honestly, there was no way I could have gone back to work at 2 weeks even part time. At 6 weeks, without any complications I might have considered it, but with complications I didn't get back to work until 9 weeks & there were several things I'm still not able to do.

Don't rush your recovery and do things too fast. At 8 weeks you're only about 20% healed, at 6 months 80% and it takes a whole year to fully recover.

I had a 20 pound weight limit when I first left the hospital and most people it's 10-20 pounds. I'm 9 1/2 weeks post op, my weight limit went down to 10 pounds after some complications, but it's back up to 20 now.

Personally, the first few weeks, it didn't bother me too much, I was too tired and I slept a lot and did a lot of walking. Stalk up on your favorite movies, any crafts that you want to get done, puzzle books kept me busy for hours.

Get your home as clean as possible to your liking before you go in, since you won't be able to as much afterwards. Also if you have a good freezer (I didn't, so I wasn't able to do this), try and make some easily thawed meals that can just be popped into the microwave. Anything to make your life easier for those first few weeks.

Again, I know how stir crazy people get with an extended leave. You just need to keep yourself busy with easy things & lots of walking. Walking helps a lot, but it will tire you out quickly, I was in my forth week before I didn't need a short nap after a walk, though most of my walks were over 30 min long.

I wish you all the best next week and into your recovery.

:cathugs:
Unread 11-23-2011, 05:21 PM

My surgery is the 29th also. I had my pre admit appointment last week, so now I'm just waiting. I'm nervous and have managed to get a sore throat but..... Tuesday will be here soon and I am going to try to live in the moment until then. Here's hoping! Good luck with your procedure.
Unread 11-23-2011, 07:21 PM

My op is one week today so I am starting to feel like my legs are going around and around like a cartoon character as I get everything done beforehand. Afterwards I intend to relax and recover and let nature take its course, I don't want to rush and risk complications. I know I am going to be frustrated but I have things lined up to do.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register