Scheduled TLH 2 weeks till DaVinci TLH Ahhh! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks till DaVinci TLH Ahhh! 2 weeks till DaVinci TLH Ahhh!

Unread 11-21-2011, 02:04 PM
2 weeks till DaVinci TLH Ahhh!

Hello Ladies! Thank you for taking your time to read my post.
I have been following along for a while now, and thought I would finally post.
I am scheduled for Dec. 5Th for a TLH with BSO with the Da Vinci. I have been fighting endometriosis and fibroids for 9 years now, along with infertility.
I just turned 30, and and struggling with this process. I know that this is the best decision for my family. I want to be myself again and have no more pain.
I have had many other surgeries in the past, so that part does not scare me. The after part is getting me anxious. The hormone battle. The depressions. Loss of sex life(possibly) not that it's so great now anyway, thanks to all the pain. And the final good-bye to any possibility of being pregnant.
I have a beautiful 2-yrs old little girl, through the great gift of adoption. I know she's the only one for me. It's just not having all the other experiences of being mom.
I could go on and on. But I'll stop for now.
Does anyone have any advice to get through this process easier?
Christmas is done for me! Finishing up the baking and shopping is all done! Nothing but recovery!
You ladies are all rock stars!
Thank you!

Love,
Keri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Re: 2 weeks till DaVinci TLH Ahhh!

It sounds like what you've already gone though is the hard part. My guess is that you will feel surprisingly great after your surgery (maybe not right away, of course, but soon).

I had my hyst two and a half months ago. I kept my ovaries, but had some menopause symptoms for a couple of weeks afterwards, then they went away. I imagine your dr. will give you something to balance your hormones if you are having your ovaries out, too.

As to the sex life, I was concerned about that, too, but I am much happier in that area now because I'm not plagued by constant periods and recovering from them. I hadn't realized that they were pretty much the dominating force in our sex life. Plus, I have more of a sex drive and more response.

I still get really tired. Expect to need a lot of extra rest for a few months, but also, to feel so much better because you won't be dealing with all the tough stuff you've been dealing with. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register