Any body ever change their mind on having surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any body ever change their mind on having surgery? Any body ever change their mind on having surgery?

Unread 11-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Any body ever change their mind on having surgery?

I won't have good physical/emotional support after my scheduled Dec 8th hysterectomy.
The cancer they found during D&C was very small section in hyperplasia attached to inside of uterine wall (endometrium). I was told it was very slow growing and as cancers go it was "the best kind to have).
I am distressed and am starting to think I may just post-pone surgery until a later date.
Has anybody ever done this?

Distressed and Afraid
BlueBonnett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Re: Any body ever change their mind on having surgery?

I cancelled my hystr in 2007. I just wasn't ready, but I would listen to your doc...get a second opinion. However, your health and safety should be first.
Unread 11-21-2011, 06:49 PM

I know of some who postpone their surgeries. However in this situation I don't think I would postpone it. I am glad it is slow growing but it still is going to grow. I know that I would be so worried that if I waited I gave it a chance to grow and worse than that to spread. It is up to you but your health has to come first. Maybe try calling the hospital and ask if they know of anyone who could help you as you recover. Sending hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2011, 08:19 PM

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Any cancer is a concern, and IMHO I am not sure I would want to leave it in. Talk to your doctor about your concerns. Your health should be driving your decisions.

I have read posts from women who do recover from this surgery without physical / emotional support. But, maybe you could get help from a neighbor, or friend. If not, there may be church groups or someone else who could help you. You can also load up your freezer with ready-to-cook meals to assist you. House cleaning and other chores can be ignored until you are better.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 11-22-2011, 09:38 AM

Thank you all for your input. I am going to go through with it. I know I am worried more about the emotional support than physical, so I am just going to buck up and take it like a WOMAN!!
Unread 11-22-2011, 10:37 AM

Perhaps you could still get some emotional support, at least here if nowhere else---the Cancer Concerns forum is very supportive, as are the pre and post op areas. I found support from people I hadn't expected it from. And a lack of support from a couple "friends". You may be surprised at who is helpful, at least I hope you find that. Cancer is an upsetting word and it helps if some support is around, so do remember that we are here for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register