One week to go, and I'm in a good place... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week to go, and I'm in a good place... One week to go, and I'm in a good place...

Unread 11-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Re: One week to go, and I'm in a good place...

Msmille,
That kind of stuff ticks me off too. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that kind of stress on top of everything else.

First off, if you have to do a bowel prep, there's almost no way you can work the day before, or so I'm told.

Second, if you are eligible for FMLA, make sure your doctor's orders indicate you need off the day before. If you're not eligible for FMLA, get a doctor's note indicating you have to be off for X amount of time, including the day before. I'm not an attourney, but I work in government and from everything I've read, the employer has to respect your medical orders - best to check with your local labor department as the laws vary from state to state. You can probably get more info at dol.gov. (I'll get off my soap box now).
I certainly wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out for you.
Ara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2011, 06:32 PM

Still have to go in to work . I got news from my dr. office that I am scheduled for a d and c. I asked about the hysterectomy from my paperwork and she said it was read wrong.He ordered a d and c with ablation . The ablation was denied and he wrote discussed future hysterectomy . I can deal with that . lol. I am not saying a word to anyone at work . I am going to go about my work schedule and when all is said and done I will return . I am not upset at the dr office for this . I am thinking they were covering me in case I had to have one . I gave him permission to do what ever he felt I needed to have . I am waiting to go on the 1 for my preop .I am debating to mention all the issues I had given to me over this . But , I will most likely be quiet. I have 4 weeks off and if I have to go back sooner ok . Now today the coworkers were looking at my schedule and making remarks saying I could come back in a week or 3 days . I said maybe I wont come back at all . My husband is not happy over paperwork mess up . But , I feel like I am covered if I need it . No harm done . If I get a TVH it will be ok . If not . I am ok with it . Thank you for the info . I am a very quiet person . I dont deal well with confrontation . I feel like the whole thing is a mess. Including my sanity .
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:59 PM

Yeah, drama sucks. I hope it all works out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2011, 06:26 AM

I had the D and C and Ablation this past April, and it didnt work for me so tuesday I am set and as ready as Ill ever be for the hysterectomy.. this weekend is organizing the freezer and cooking
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:06 AM

Thank you . I hear most who have the d and c are usually in for hysterectomy. I dont care . I am prepared for either one . I have accepted the fact my female parts are wore out . I am going ot focus on what will make me better. Its out of my hands. Thanks to all my new sisters. Good luck and prayers to you all.
Unread 11-24-2011, 11:11 AM

good luck to you msmille, as you can see from my signature, I also know that it is in someone elses hands and out of mine...
taking the hubby to airport in a little bit and then tomorrow is shopping and cooking and freezing stuff.. everyone enjoy this wonderful day xoxoxoxox
Unread 11-25-2011, 09:21 AM

I may as well put it out of my worries. That never changes things and only makes you weak . As I was told . So, if the good man above wants me to go through a hysterectomy or D and C to make my life better, more power to that . Hope everyone had a great holiday . I spent mine at work then came home to a grumpy hubby who went to bed . So, I spent the rest of my evening with A Lady Gaga Thanksgiving . A bit of change for a changing lady as I .
Unread 11-25-2011, 09:42 AM

Msmille66
So sorry to hear your day wasnt festive, mine wasnt really either, went to visit my FIL ,brought him a box of candy, made him some,eggs and bacon,stripped his bed and did laundry. I was out grocery shopping this a.m., and fighting a toothache now, I made the mistake of eating popcorn yesterday and think I got a piece stuck under a crown grrrrrr.I will have them xray it monday when I go to work,,since hubby is gone, think I will take a nap and then go visiting,and do the cooking and freezing over the weekend.. I know I am going to need the rest,Oh yea I have to make myself some jello jigglers for monday,mmm mmm , love that clear liquid diet
Unread 11-25-2011, 11:04 AM

Good luck to you . I know that the clear liq. diet isnt fun . I work in a hosp. in food service and whenever we take trays to people we always hear about how hungry it makes them . I could go on a clear for a week or so to lose a few pounds or more. I hear from my obgyn how its harder for overweight women to get a good screening for cancer cells because of fat cells . I never heard of it but I guess it could be . I am going to try to sneak in my shopping on my pay day the 2. My date to go in is the 5 . So if I can get a few nice gifts and my cookie supplies I will be happy . I wonder how it will go with a D and C ? I am concerned over that . Recovery time and all. Prayers.
Unread 11-25-2011, 11:15 AM

I just got the call from the surgical nurse, I have to be at the castle at 6 for surgery at 7:30 a.m.
the fat cells, well I have lots of them:{ im hoping all will go well.
believe me a liquid diet will be the least of my worries
when I had my ablation and d and c, had it on a thursday, took the friday off and the weekend and was back to work monday

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register