Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Unread 11-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

I have a week and half to go...starting to get a wee bit nervous...anxious to be on the other side of the surgery.

I am having my hysterectomy due to horrible cramps and fibroids after having ablation done in May 2010...the pain each month during my cycle is excruciating...to the point that even narcotics hardly give me any relief...so even though I am nervous about surgery...I am looking forward to not having to deal with uterine cramping.

The information on this site has been wonderful...thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Re: Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

hi-- i just had total abdominal hysterectomy on nov 14th. i was so glad to get that over with and to be done with all the waiting and getting ready for it. i have done ok and was surprised to be sent home on weds after surgery on monday. insurance wouldn't let me stay longer but i did ok once home but was so glad to have help here. i will be wishing you a good recovery and that you find it all goes well and you will be surprised at how soon you will be up and about!
Unread 11-26-2011, 06:51 PM

Good luck with the surgery Mine is on the 12th of December. I am nervous as well. We just need to trust our doctors. Glad your surgery went so well TexasGal13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2011, 07:36 PM

I have been reading all I can on this forum, online...and have even watched some surgeries on youtube...much to the disgust of my hubby...I am just that kind of person...I become obsessed with information...and just so you know...I do not recommend anyone who is the slight bit squeamish to watch abdominal surgeries.
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:20 PM

My surgery is on 12/1 and I can't believe it is almost here!! It seems like forever but I am starting to get anxious and still nervous because I hope all goes well and I don't wake up to any surprises!! I will be so happy to be on the other side soon, with no more heavy bleeding, cramping and lower back pain. Can't wait also for my hemoglobin to go up and maybe I can have some more energy!! Good luck to you and the other ladies with your surgeries!! So happy to find this site because I need my information too!! Hugs.
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:53 PM

hi again. i know what you are all feeling---just the waiting and wanting to get it over with. i have found that it is best to take those pain meds instead of trying to think "oh i dont think i need it tonight".. i wake up with pain sometimes if i dont take it to prevent the pain. i had a pump for getting pain meds the first day or so--just push a button to send more meds to the IV but the pain pills have helped. but i have learned stay on top of the pain rather than skipping too many pain meds. Also the gas pains are difficult but that is a good thing to start passing gas (sorry if too much info!) because then they let me have more than a clear liquid diet. Not that i was hungry but they said that is a good sign! just give yourself time to heal. the first time they got me up i thought oh i can't do this and it hurt but the next time i felt a little stronger and they want to get you up and taking very short strolls. i had a shower too before i left the hospital but the nurse stayed in the room in case i needed her. And the nurse held my arm and we walked the hall just a little bit. it reminded me of when i had a c-section years ago. Its not easy but i find each day seems to be an improvement and everyone says you will feel like a new person! in the hospital they wanted me to do deep breathing and gave me something to inhale in to measure how good my deep breaths were. i found out two of my nurses had the same surgery so they knew how i was feeling and they were so nice to talk to and so caring. Let others help you and wait on you. keep remembering that with time you will get better and stronger. i will be wishing you all good healing and peace and calm as you wait for surgery day because the waiting is also difficult!
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee7778 View Post
Good luck with the surgery Mine is on the 12th of December. I am nervous as well. We just need to trust our doctors. Glad your surgery went so well TexasGal13
Mine is Dec 5... Nervous too but hoping for the best
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:10 PM

I know this is nerve racking - just waiting for the surgery to come. Getting more and more anxious as the day approaches is normal. We are here for you, and understand what you are going through.

Good luck with your upcoming surgeries. We will be waiting for you on the other side.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:32 PM

So nerve racking waiting, but it's soooo worth all the anxiety. I had huge fibroids and ridiculous bleeding, cramps and pain. My surgery was 10/20 and was a bit complicated-my uterus was enormous. I had everything out and am on HRT. I am now off iron and have not had a hot flash/night sweat since. I cannot believe how good I feel-clear headed and light(down 22lbs). I would do this again in a heartbeat. Good luck to you all and see you in post-op : )
Unread 11-27-2011, 02:50 PM

Hi there! I will have my abdominal hyst on Dec. 6th. I am a bit nervous as well. I have researched and watched the Youtube videos as well! As a former teacher, it is just natural to get the facts! I hope you have a fine surgery and a fantastic recovery! I haven't packed my bag yet, so it really seems far away...... Ready to be on the other side!! Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register