Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Unread 11-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Re: Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

I have spent the entire weekend researching and have decided to wait. I have history of blood clots so hrt out of question. I think monthly discomfort well worth years of agony brought on by surgical menopause. Not at peace at this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2011, 05:55 PM

Best of luck Morningangel! My surgery is on Dec 2nd, TAH , I've got issues in there! Nervous as well. Especially nervous about being in hospital for few days, and hoping to get back to normal, active routine. Definitely pack your bag with good lotion and hand sanitizer and your own pillow!
Catharoo
Unread 11-27-2011, 08:45 PM

Hi there Shanwool, I'm also having surgery on the 7th... also getting nervous... also seems we have similar situation... fibroids, polyps, PAIN PAIN PAIN. Had heavy bleeding and pain so in Feb 2011 had D&C, Ablation, Myomectomy to remove the fibroids and polyp. Periods are lighter but pain has increased every month. Have job that is very demanding and I've tried to wait to find the perfect time... and there is NONE.

Cannot wait any longer as last month I had what could only be described as 24 hours of labor... I had severe cramping every 11 to 13 minutes for 24 hours straight and I swear, it was just like childbirth. I had 2 different pain meds called in and none worked. I finally asked for muscle relaxer to see if that would help - again no relief. Had I not had a situation at work I would have checked myself into hospital.... (I know that sounds awful - )

I'm closing out my work this week and my period is just beginning again, and the cramping is starting - I am praying I get through the week so that I can be done and get the surgery - even though I'm nervous I want to get this over with --

I'm 47, still get periods every 26.5 days and I'm done with this pain - cannot do any longer. Scheduled for a robotic supracervical laproscopic surgery. The intent is to leave what is not messed up, but I'm fearful there are polyps or fibroids near my cervix and it might pose challenge... Doc of course says it's fine, but he's not feeling my pain each month... Not to mention that I had surgery to "fix" all of this earlier in the year -- so I'm not completely trusting that they know what they are looking at till they get in there....

Fingers crossed - maybe we can keep in touch - I'm in NJ -- Am glad to have made it through a nice thanksgiving and now just want to get better before the new year -

Good luck and don't worry too much --- we need our rest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2011, 09:56 PM

I too had an ablation -around 10 years ago - helped for quite a while. The cramping, 10-12 day cycles, sore breasts, urinary issues & hormonal migraines made me finally realize my quality of life was not what I needed it to be.

I'm day 5 postop & feeling better by the day. Not having the continual abdominal pressure from the multiple fibroids is already a positive. I think my bladder is relieved! Be vocal with your doctor & hospital staff regarding your concerns & fears. Pain after the procedure should be tolerable - again, talk with the staff if it is not.

Best of luck! Hoping everyone has an outcome leaving you feeling as positive as I feel.
Unread 11-29-2011, 07:03 PM

Hello. I too am having TAH on 7th December and am very nervous as I haven't had a general anasthetic before I also have very large fibroids which cause heavy bleeding and clots and also severe back pain. I have alot of symptoms which I previously put down to 'my age' (I'm 47) but now I have been diagnosed I realise that they are all related. I can't wait to be a couple of days post op when things should hopefully start to get a little better! This site is amazing and has helped me a great deal - keep up the good work!
Unread 11-29-2011, 07:32 PM

Funny morningangel...I am a teacher as well...I just NEED information!!

Thank you all for your replies...I wish you all well...we are in this together...so glad for this site.

I will be off from Dec. 7th to Jan. 4th...I teach 3rd grade...so they are still little but not so little that I need to do anything strenuous with them...they are pretty self reliant.

I am hoping that will be enough time off...it is a full 4 weeks...and I am a tough old bird...had 3 c-sections and breezed though those...and this time I will not have a newborn nor toddlers to take care off...so it has to be easier...right?????

I got all my pre-ops done yesterday...so I am good to go...a week from tomorrow...my only real concern is the town I am in was hit by a HUGE tornado in May and took out our biggest hospital...my insurance is through the other hospital but ever since May 22nd...that hospital is way overworked and very busy and full...hopefully they will have a bed for me when I get out of surgery...and I won't have to wait in recovery for too terribly long...like overnight...though...I will not be in the other "tent" hospital so I shouldn't be complaining. =)
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwool View Post
Funny morningangel...I am a teacher as well...I just NEED information!!

Thank you all for your replies...I wish you all well...we are in this together...so glad for this site.

I will be off from Dec. 7th to Jan. 4th...I teach 3rd grade...so they are still little but not so little that I need to do anything strenuous with them...they are pretty self reliant.

I am hoping that will be enough time off...it is a full 4 weeks...and I am a tough old bird...had 3 c-sections and breezed though those...and this time I will not have a newborn nor toddlers to take care off...so it has to be easier...right?????

I got all my pre-ops done yesterday...so I am good to go...a week from tomorrow...my only real concern is the town I am in was hit by a HUGE tornado in May and took out our biggest hospital...my insurance is through the other hospital but ever since May 22nd...that hospital is way overworked and very busy and full...hopefully they will have a bed for me when I get out of surgery...and I won't have to wait in recovery for too terribly long...like overnight...though...I will not be in the other "tent" hospital so I shouldn't be complaining. =)
Funny you mentioned about the 3 C-sections. I have had 3 C-Sections and 3 D&Es and breezed thru them also so I am thinking this shouldn't be too bad right?? and Yes, no newborn to take care of!! I remember bending over to change my newborn daughter and my incision would burn me so bad!! I had all my pre-admin testing done yesterday so in less than 2 days, this will be over!! Hoping for a quiet night in a quiet room for my recovery!! Good luck to you!!
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:49 PM

Well I guess I'm not the only one that is ready to get this over with..My surgery is Dec 8th and my pre-op is Nov 30 th. I'am so nervous!
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchavis3 View Post
Well I guess I'm not the only one that is ready to get this over with..My surgery is Dec 8th and my pre-op is Nov 30 th. I'am so nervous!
Don't be, you will be just fine. When you find yourself getting nervous, just come on this site. It has done wonders for me!! Best of luck to you!
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeMay2 View Post
Don't be, you will be just fine. When you find yourself getting nervous, just come on this site. It has done wonders for me!! Best of luck to you!
I guess that's a few of us all going through the next couple weeks hoping for a change for the better. Really want to get on with it. I had anesthesia with the ablation in feb and it wasn't bad except waking in pain (think they drove a truck over my pelvis while I was under) and sore throat. Im a little more concerned about how long I'll be under tho. Had my pre-ops and got called back for EKG. First one was done poorly. (not increasing my confidence). Hope we all get through ok, have nice beds and warm blankets (praying for your hospital) waiting for us when we wake gently and are on our way to recovery. (mb)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register