Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Unread 11-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Re: Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

I am scheduled Dec. 7th too!

I am getting nervous too but more worried about the outcome and the future b/c my husband has me paranoid!!!

Here's to HysterSisters and a great result!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embee28 View Post
I guess that's a few of us all going through the next couple weeks hoping for a change for the better. Really want to get on with it. I had anesthesia with the ablation in feb and it wasn't bad except waking in pain (think they drove a truck over my pelvis while I was under) and sore throat. Im a little more concerned about how long I'll be under tho. Had my pre-ops and got called back for EKG. First one was done poorly. (not increasing my confidence). Hope we all get through ok, have nice beds and warm blankets (praying for your hospital) waiting for us when we wake gently and are on our way to recovery. (mb)
I usually get sick from anesthesia so I am not looking forward to that! I remember that sore throat too, yuck! Well I hope they give us something to make us feel warm and fuzzy and that warm bed sounds perfect!! Hugs to you. Best of luck.
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:28 PM

We are all going to do great!!! It has to be better than the nonsense my body has been going through these past couple of months...good grief!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwool View Post
We are all going to do great!!! It has to be better than the nonsense my body has been going through these past couple of months...good grief!!
Hitting the "Like" button!!! So looking forward to feel better and having more energy!!
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:35 PM

Totally agree. The pain the last few months has been awful! This has got to be better. Dreading the fact I will get it one last time this week just before I go in. Argh. Probably should have a "my periods going away" Party. I have some good friends I could invite. Wondering who to gift my pads and tampons to for christmas. Maybe in the pirate Christmas exchange. the monthly horror I will NOT MISS.
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeMay2 View Post
I usually get sick from anesthesia so I am not looking forward to that! I remember that sore throat too, yuck! Well I hope they give us something to make us feel warm and fuzzy and that warm bed sounds perfect!! Hugs to you. Best of luck.
Oh I hope it's not too bad for you! That's crummy - blech. Maybe bring an iPod. I heard music helps. I'd like to try it but my husband will likely leave it behind for fear I'd embarrass him! Lol. Hope that queasy feeling leaves you fast.
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeMay2 View Post
Hitting the "Like" button!!! So looking forward to feel better and having more energy!!
Double like!
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:39 PM

My period would be in another week but the surgery will stop that from happening, woohoo!!! So funny about gifting the pads and tampons for Christmas!! I will NOT be missing any parts of that!!
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embee28 View Post
Oh I hope it's not too bad for you! That's crummy - blech. Maybe bring an iPod. I heard music helps. I'd like to try it but my husband will likely leave it behind for fear I'd embarrass him! Lol. Hope that queasy feeling leaves you fast.
Great, I will bring my Ipod. Thanks for the tip. I know, that looking forward to that feeling again but maybe it won't be too bad!!
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:19 PM

Hi,
my surgery is scheduled on 5th of dec just a week before my 'DATE' yahoo....finally i will be done with all sizes of PADS.......

I had two c sections earlier so i think this should be no different...hoping for a smooth surgery n recovery with no complications.

I wish all the very best to all my fellow sisters due for their surgeries
Lets all hope for smooth surgeries n recoveries....

All the best.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register