Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Unread 11-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Re: Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

I'm also scheduled for 12/7. I've watched the youtube videos and researched everything. I'm a nurse so I also need to know....
I've never had any surgery but am not really worried. My son passes away 4 years ago so I figure I I've lived through that I can live through almost anything. Good luck everyone.
Carla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
Hi,
my surgery is scheduled on 5th of dec just a week before my 'DATE' yahoo....finally i will be done with all sizes of PADS.......

I had two c sections earlier so i think this should be no different...hoping for a smooth surgery n recovery with no complications.

I wish all the very best to all my fellow sisters due for their surgeries
Lets all hope for smooth surgeries n recoveries....

All the best.
Good luck with your surgery on the 5th and I wish you a smooth recovery! See you on the other side!
Unread 11-30-2011, 07:29 PM

good luck! scheduled for LAVH on janurary 17 and am already an emotional mess. half of me is excited to finally have committed to a date and the other half of me is scared to death. best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2011, 08:09 PM

All of you ladies are doing really well with this. You are expressing your feelings and supporting each other. Being nervous about surgery is normal, especially THIS surgery. Your logical self may accept what is going on, but your emotional side may still have to digest this for a while. It may even take into post-op before your emotional side understands and accepts this. At least that is how it was for me.

For those that get sick with the anesthetic, mention that to your doc. They can give you anti-nausea medication to help alleviate that, and maybe give you a patch behind your ear for motion sickness. The medical staff will also help make you feel comfortable. They will take good care of you during surgery - they don't want anything to happen to you either.

Many women on this site were where you are now. We are here to support you both in pre-op and post-op, and to get you through this.

(((Hugs))) to all.
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeMay2 View Post
Good luck with your surgery on the 5th and I wish you a smooth recovery! See you on the other side!
Thank you
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarborough1263 View Post
Mine is Dec 5... Nervous too but hoping for the best
Me too getting operated on 5th Dec dear all the best for both of us are you from Canada?
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlaphn View Post
I'm also scheduled for 12/7. I've watched the youtube videos and researched everything. I'm a nurse so I also need to know....
I've never had any surgery but am not really worried. My son passes away 4 years ago so I figure I I've lived through that I can live through almost anything. Good luck everyone.
Carla
Good luck Carla. Prayer coming your way.
Unread 12-01-2011, 03:00 PM

Hey Sis

You sound a lot like me. Before I found out which surgery I would have I watched the vaginal and the abdominal surgery on youtube. I also research everything, so you are not alone.
Unread 12-01-2011, 05:48 PM

I had a moment today...handing my substitute lesson plans and such for while I am gone...and the reality of it hit a bit...that I am actually doing this...and it getting so much closer...we are on the less than a week count down.

Will be so, so glad to be on the other side...this time next week, I will be...gulp!!
Unread 12-01-2011, 07:52 PM

I think I'm both in denial and obsession at the same time. Hoping this weekend I can pull it all together and have peace of mind going in. Thinking "last Friday with a uterus" ugh. Real love hate relationship. Period is late. First time in 30 years or so. Think I willed it away so I could finish work this week without pain. Now I'll go under with my "friend" blech. Ha ha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register