Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Unread 12-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Re: Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

shanwool... I had an ablation in July 2010 and have experienced the same thing. The doctor finally gave me muscle relaxers & vicodin and that seemed to help. The pain is terrible... and my surgery is December 7th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddcoll View Post
shanwool... I had an ablation in July 2010 and have experienced the same thing. The doctor finally gave me muscle relaxers & vicodin and that seemed to help. The pain is terrible... and my surgery is December 7th!
SAME HERE!!! Ablation feb 2011 and pain so bad it's worse than labor - surgery also on the 7th. I'm worried my cervix has scar tissue and will have to go also. Don't know what this ablation does but seems there are a LOT of things they don't tell us going in. I don't recall being told I might be doubled over in pain with 6 months. Not good. While I'm recouping I will be looking up more clinicAl data on these processes. Horrid.
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:08 PM

Ddcoll I also find the only thing that slightly helps is the muscle relaxer and I had to suggest it to the doctor !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2011, 09:48 PM

I happend to have some or my husband had them, don't really remember, but I decided to try one and it really helped. Told the doctor and she immediately wrote me a scrip for it. However this last (finally) period was so bad I was in pain for 2 days. I'm having my cervix removed since I've read where you could have a mini period (my luck I would) and leave the ovaries. She said 95% of the time an ablation works. ???
Unread 12-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Dec 7--Abdominal hysterectomy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddcoll View Post
I happend to have some or my husband had them, don't really remember, but I decided to try one and it really helped. Told the doctor and she immediately wrote me a scrip for it. However this last (finally) period was so bad I was in pain for 2 days. I'm having my cervix removed since I've read where you could have a mini period (my luck I would) and leave the ovaries. She said 95% of the time an ablation works. ???
In same boat - mini periods would be my luck with no uterus. Also don't want any more pain. Last month was last straw for me too. Really was worse than most of my labor. Every 11minutes I was cramping. The ablation lessened my period but the pain has gotten progressively worse. Can't do anymore. Don't want to be running around with pills for when the kraken decides to strike!! Will hope this is good decision. Good luck to all of us!
Unread 12-02-2011, 06:22 AM

That is the way it has been for me...and you can really time those "contractions" huh? It is crazy...and it just won't let up...I never thought about muscle relaxers...duh? I have hydrocodone for when it is really bad...but that hardly touches the pain...my last period was last week...ready for Wednesday to get here and just have all this finished...so many ladies who have had a hysterectomy...ones I know...and ones here on the board...are amazed at how pain free they are almost immediately...there is surgery pain...but not that constant ache and heaviness that they have carried around so long...I think we get so used to the "load" that we don't even realize at times what we are dealing with...so that is my hope...I will wake up and be thrilled...kinda like how thrilled I was NOT to be pregnant anymore...I love all three of my children...but I HATED being pregnant. Maybe some ladies are more attached to their uterus...but I am so finished with mine and all the hassles it has caused...get it out!!!
Unread 12-02-2011, 04:03 PM

I am not sure but I think getting rid of this inner baggage I've been dragging around is causing me to want to get rid of my outer baggage as well. Tomorrow I'm cleaning out my closet and storage bins and finally saying goodbye to all the things that I keep saying "will fit me again when I lose 10, 20, 30, 40 lbs). I have gained almost 50 lbs since having meningitis 4 times (Yes really) in 2 years from 2005-7. I've been free of it for 4 years now, but somewhere along the way I got weaker and less healthy and more tired. And the stuff piled up. I'm a mini-hoarder (just my 2 closets).... My sister is coming to help me say goodbye to all this bad energy - I feel awful getting rid of perfectly good stuff, but it will go to good use somewhere else. I feel the same way about my uterus right now. It has been great, served it's purpose and now can go... I'm not sure if this is normal, but I feel like I want to start a new way of living in 2012 and hope it begins with this surgery. I wonder if others feel the same way... I'm sure it's different if you are younger and not an elective thing, but I'm ready to get on with the next part of my life and I can be U-FREE and still be ME. I hope we all connect again on the otherside (scary term) as I'm starting to think about each of you each day and hoping all of our fears and your challenges are overcome easily and with a lot of support. Hope everyone has a good weekend. A few more days of work, and then it's off to do the deed and get on the recovery wagon. Peace to all tonight.
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:55 PM

everyone ready for the morning? I'm in Flower Mound Texas!
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:24 PM

Good luck ladies!!
Unread 12-07-2011, 04:13 AM

It is 4:00 am and I cannot sleep...I woke up about a quarter to three...tossed and turned for a good hour...then finally gave it up...so now here I sit...the hardest part this morning before surgery will be NOT having coffee.

I am thinking and praying for all of us going in today...this is it...the pain and suffering will soon be over. God's speed, everyone!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register