dVH/RALH three days post op - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

three days post op three days post op

Unread 12-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Re: three days post op and I'll never poop again

Don't worry, it will happen! I had my first one only two days after surgery and then made the mistake of not keeping up on my fiber, water and stool softeners. About three days later I ended up on the toilet for two hours with an impaction and excruciating pain! I felt like I was giving birth. The only thing that helped at that point was a suppository. So even after you have your first BM, don't make the same mistake I did! Keep up on anything and everything that will keep things nice and soft!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2011, 12:46 AM

I felt that way also. I finally went after taking Miralax powder which is mixed with a beverage and eating prunes. It took 5 days to finally feel a relief. Good luck to you.
Unread 12-13-2011, 02:34 AM
three days post op

Well constipation seems to plague us all. It took me 6 days at first and I had to help it along by pulling it out because it was so hard there was no way it was coming by itself. Yuck! Anyway I have taken my laxitives on a regular basis as this constipation problem continues. Every other day I would go a little and I knew that I should have gone more because I was eating well and taking laxitives. Today was the worst pain ever. Almost like labour pains. After falling asleep due to exhaustion I woke 3 hours later and then off to the bathroom I ran, hurray a touch down. Prior to my surgery I would wait until Friday to take my 2 laxitives so that I could clean my system out. My bowels don't move on their own but the doctor said this should improve after my hysterectomy because my uterus was sitting on bowels and my wonderful uterus was also pulling my bladder and bowels along for the ride. After my tubes uterus and cervix were removed the doctor told me that everything went to it's normal place. I can only hope that I will have another bowel movement tomorrow. The only problem is once I have one I am pretty much too tired to do anything else. It is like my energy went down the toilet at the same time. Funny how it is the little things we wish for now eh! ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2011, 09:28 AM

once i started going it was good but all the sudden its like its a chore .i hope yours stays good
Unread 12-13-2011, 12:00 PM

Oh ladies I feel for you it took me 5 days to finaly go poop and it was disapointing and painful it was so small I've only went once more since (surgery was 12/07/11) had some trouble with my right side most painful spot still dose anyone know when and how can I lay on either of my sides I've been sleeping on my back and I miss laying on my sides thanks *rena
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:10 PM

Oh Lord I thought I was the only one!!! I feel as if I am having early labor pains. I have had a couple small poops, but nothing major yet. My TVH was Monday Dec. 12. Last time I took a good dump was the day before. Now I feel as if i am dying and there is nothing I can do to save myself. I took some MoM and it did almost nothing. I drink lots of fluids everyday, small coffee in the morning and tea, kool aid and water the rest of the day. My pee has never been clearer!! However, the other side has never been used less. I will be getting some Miralax tomorrow.

I seriously did not realize how taxing this would be on my body postop. I have given birth to 4 children, both natural and with an epidural, and was up and doing things within a day or two. This surgery has really laid me out. I only hope the poop gets out soon so I can stop being in so much pain!! I also feel feverish today, and it is at 100.1. Should it stay or get higher I will most definately be calling my doc!!
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:14 PM

Prune and stool softeners have helped me. You will feel much better after you go.
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:24 PM

After day 6, I did finally ask for a laxative from doc...a high powered one by prescription. It worked within two hours and I wanted to shout for joy. Just call doc...no need to suffer.
Unread 12-16-2011, 10:05 PM

Prune and stool softeners have helped me. You will feel much better after you go.
Unread 12-17-2011, 12:00 AM

Thank you for mentioning the Smooth Move tea, Callalily! I thought I had some but guess I'll be picking it up tomorrow. And Miralax, too! I'm 16 days out and still needing help with bm's! I think it's one reason I feel so bloated. At least I'm able to pass gas. TeeHee - for once, I ran the dog off rather than the other way around... no joking

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register