Surgery Monday and mind just won't be still!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Monday and mind just won't be still!! Surgery Monday and mind just won't be still!!

Unread 11-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Re: Surgery Monday and mind just won't be still!!

just sitting down now since 4:45 this morning, have been crazy today, did a load of laundry, went to pic hubby up at airport,made fudge to take to my co-workers tomorrow since I wont see them over the holidays,made peppermint sugar cookies,swept and washed the floor..
someone on here said to double the bottom sheet on the bed, so when you need to make it again all you do is pull the first fitted sheet off, so I did that too
I borrowed one of those bedside tables from a friend that slides under the bed like the ones at the hospital and have the throne room all set.
Now to make a list for the hubby of what is on each shelf in the freezers and make his dinner then on to a shower , then I think I will pass out, ahhh yes and after 8 am tomorrow ,clear liquids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2011, 01:39 PM

I am also having LAVH tomorrow. The thing I am struggling with most right now is whether or not too remove both ovaries. Currently the plan is to remove both, but I'm leaning to asking to keep one if possible. My dr. Is not making me do the bowel prep which I was very happy about but also surprised. For the most part I am pretty calm, but I imagine I will be a total mess tomorrow a.m. Good luck to all of you! I hope everything goes well!
Unread 11-27-2011, 04:09 PM

Well were all feeling the same way, my surgery is tomorrow as well, did the bowel prep today at 2:30, let the games begin. I wish all sisters best of luck tomorrow. And for those sisters in waiting hugs to you. Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2011, 07:58 PM

Good luck ladies. I was feeling these same emotions one week ago today. I'm 5 days post & everyday gets better after surgery. Read through the post op forums to get an idea of what to expect once surgery is over & recovery has started. I'm so glad this site is available to share successes, concerns & tips. Be good to yourselves!
Unread 11-27-2011, 08:04 PM

I am keeping my ovaries as long as everything looks good in there. Did the bowel prep and I was trying so hard not to get sick. It made me sick all day long. Sipping on some broth hoping that will make it better. Good luck to everyone that goes tomorrow. I am so ready for this to be over but not a calm happy camper right now. You would have thought starting my period today would have been my body saying see you need this. I just have a case of the butterflies right now...I keep telling myself its ok...its ok...
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:00 AM

Mopar all your sister's are all here for ya,after 8 am its clear liquids for me,already mixed up my miralax mix in the fridge, have my jigglers to take to work with me,big mug for ice water, and tea,whooo hooo
thinking of you and will be in your shoes in the a.m.
((((((((((((hugs)))))))))
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:39 AM

Enjoying broth for breakfast! lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register