Thank You For This Site - Dec. 27 Date For Me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thank You For This Site - Dec. 27 Date For Me Thank You For This Site - Dec. 27 Date For Me

Unread 12-23-2001, 12:24 PM
Thank You For This Site - Dec. 27 Date For Me

I am so pleased that I came across the hystersisters site. It is a source of comfort and support at this difficult time in our lives.

Please say a prayer for me on Thursday, December 27. I am scheduled for lap assisted vaginal hyster (due to atypical cells, hyperplasia). I will be at Beth Israel Medical Center in lower Manhattan. Hope to come home on Friday, December 28 or Saturday, December 29.

If any of you have the time, please send your good wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2001, 12:35 PM

Hi JacquiS
Welcome to the site. I agree, this site is a Godsend for all of us.
As of tomorrow, I will be four weeks post op from a TAH. I'm doing pretty well except for a few pains that are still hanging around. I will say a prayer that you have a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Take care, don't worry too much and pretty soon you'll be a princess. Enjoy your holidays and take care of yourself!!
Unread 12-23-2001, 12:43 PM

Hi JacquiS- Dec 27 is my day too! I'm having TAH, BSO and exploratory lap due to mass on rt ovary. I'm getting pretty nervous but this site has been a big help in learning what to expect. Thanks so much to everyone out there who has shared their experiences. Good luch JacquiS - I'll be thinking of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2001, 04:45 PM

Let me add my good wishes too, JacquiS. I wish you a successful surgery, speedy recovery, & long life. (Same to you too, kjgarden.) I hope to hear from you again after you've come home.
Unread 12-23-2001, 05:17 PM

Hi Jacqui!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers especially on Thursday! I wish you the best!

My thoughts and prayers are with you, kjgarden, too!

May you both have successful surgeries, uneventful castle stays, and warm, restful, relaxing, smooth recoveries when you return home.

Please come back and let us know how everything went, to share your experiences with those who are still Ladies In Waiting!

s,
Unread 12-23-2001, 08:22 PM

Welcome to Hystersisters
You will be in my thoughts and prayers, during your surgery and recovery time.
Take Care
Unread 12-24-2001, 07:18 AM
Dec. 27 LIW

Relax and have Happy Holidays! The hardest part waiting, will soon be over. I am 5 days post TAH/BSO so I can tell you honestly that the fear of unknown is much worse than the reality of recovery. Thanks to this site I was so much more prepared than I could have been on my own. There are really no words to express the comfort I hve found here! Soon you will be on the other side celebrating new found health. I will keep all the in my this holiday season.
Unread 12-24-2001, 08:29 AM
Thansk for the Good Wishes-December 27 is my date

Dear Everyone:

Thank you for the good wishes for my surgery (and kjgarden) on December 27. There is so much going through my mind.

What questions should I ask the doctor? Will I need estrogen replacement? Should I ask about stool softener? Will I have cramps? Are the stitches self-healing or does the doc remove? Do the stitches take a long time to heal? I'm having lap assisted vaginal - removing uterus and ovaries How soon after operation should I have my first post-op visit? How often should I see the doc after operation? Will I need to begin any medications the day after the operation? I'm not much for pain killers but will I need antibiotics or any type of medication post op?

Thanks to everyone in advance for your replies and keeping this site going.
Unread 12-24-2001, 10:11 AM

Welcome to Hystersisters!!

I had tah/bso and had patch put on the day after surgery..but opted to take daily estrogen pill when I got home. Yes, ask about stool softener. I took milk of mag. a couple of days after returning home..but didn't need any after that. I had staples on incision that were removed the day I left the hospital and steri strips applied. I eventually took them off in shower after they were wet at around 4 weeks post. Internal stitches started dissolving around 5 weeks. I saw the gyn. only once after hyst...at 4 weeks post op...drs. are different when it comes to this...some want to see you earlier and then again at 6 weeks. You will need some pain meds after surgery...so be sure and get prescription before leaving hospital. I wasn't on antibiotics after hyst.

Good luck and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register