Scheduled TAH Friends being weird? Children, not mine, mentioned - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Friends being weird? Children, not mine, mentioned Friends being weird? Children, not mine, mentioned

Unread 12-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Re: Friends being weird? Children, not mine, mentioned

Thanks for the smile. I am trying to relate to this overload of information and I am not fairing that well. I never learned to type or use a computer, really. I have always been rather proud of that. Never owned a microwave either. But now I have to own THIS. (ovarian cyst, uterine fibroids, excruciating back pain, and on and on.) I live in a small remote area where if you whisper on a windy night, someone will hear it. I don't really want to let the cats out of the bag, especially since I have a large breed puppy/dog, a farm of sorts and more dogs. I feel very isolated and afraid and I look a bit sick, thin, since I can't eat a thing due to my anxiety. I smiled big for a nano second when I saw your name, yakfarmer. I used to sell seashells in a yakfarmer's market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatola View Post
Thanks for the smile. I am trying to relate to this overload of information and I am not fairing that well. I never learned to type or use a computer, really. I have always been rather proud of that. Never owned a microwave either. But now I have to own THIS. (ovarian cyst, uterine fibroids, excruciating back pain, and on and on.) I live in a small remote area where if you whisper on a windy night, someone will hear it. I don't really want to let the cats out of the bag, especially since I have a large breed puppy/dog, a farm of sorts and more dogs. I feel very isolated and afraid and I look a bit sick, thin, since I can't eat a thing due to my anxiety. I smiled big for a nano second when I saw your name, yakfarmer. I used to sell seashells in a yakfarmer's market.
I was hoping the name would keep me inspired. When I get through this I hope to realize my dream of getting some goats and a beehive - not quite actual yakfarming, but close! I see you're in Washington, too!
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:26 AM

My boss, who is female, actually said to me "Great! Now all your problems will go away!" Ok, sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2011, 07:55 AM

I understand completely. Days after my surgery, one of my well wishers asked when I was going to adopt. I think my friends and family members have great intentions but just do not know what to say. The only way to deal with it - is just to deal with it. To let those who are closest to you - know exactly how you feel and the exact stuggle you have.
I had two of my nieces give birth right before my surgery - I'm happy for them. Good thing I'm not on facebook though!!
I feel your pain - life has just a different course for us! Don't focus on yourself in regards to your loss or it is sure to bring you to a depressed state. Focus on what you can or will do and accomplish that!! Just my two cents...but I'm an optimist.
Unread 12-07-2011, 10:18 AM

I feel for you. I mourned the loss of my fertility years ago after a failed last effort pregnancy and the birth of my niece 2 months after my expected due date. It was a very hard time for me, but my sister was very understanding. I can not imagine being perpetually bombarded with pregnancy information and updates.

Eight years later, I anticipated my hyster nearly as much as my sister anticipated her first child - because I was no longer going to have periods and pain - periods that were irregular, frequent and came with extremely heavy bleeding resulting in perpetual anemia.

Your life has been negatively affected by your uterus in some way or you wouldn't be here. Presumably, your life will improve after surgery. Think about that and then "Focus on the positives". This is the best advice I can give you.
Unread 12-07-2011, 10:50 AM

Thanks everyone. I'm so glad we have this place.
Unread 12-07-2011, 01:23 PM

I don't really have anyone to talk to either. My mom won't even really discuss it. My SIL who had one talks a little but not much, she's just glad I didn't try an ablation like her. My daughters don't really want to, I think it sort of freaks them out. My husband is scared and doesn't want to talk about it.

My sisters here are it. That's ok though, ya'll do a great job even if we only get to talk online.
Unread 12-07-2011, 03:43 PM

Annnnd some friends took me out last night for drinks and spent an hour talking about their childbirths. I just sipped my whiskey and thought about you ladies and got through it just fine. The identical looks they got when they realized that now might not be the best time for their talk were actually sort of priceless. Glad you are here - got me through what could have been a tough outing. :/
Unread 12-07-2011, 03:51 PM

You got to be kidding~! Sure she's not in drag~!
Unread 12-07-2011, 11:02 PM

I had a lavh in October. the six months prior I was trying to get pregnant. And hoping. Due to chronic sever pain and endo I had my lavh hoping for pain relief.
I am very hurt and try my hardest as well to listen to my sister in law wanting to get prego and going to get implanted with one. Its hard. To know I will never hold a brand new baby in my arms that is mine again.
If I were you If you feel you can talk to the ladies I would, if not text its as easy as writing a letter, or write a letter. Tell them you are very happy for them but are very sorry that it is hard for you to show and or have happy for them right now becuase you feel a great loss with the upcoming surgery. Tell them you really need them and their support right now more then anything. Maybe tell them how you feel, emotionally right now.
I am sorry for all that you are feeling, but I can relate totally.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register