Scheduled TAH Friends being weird? Children, not mine, mentioned - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Friends being weird? Children, not mine, mentioned Friends being weird? Children, not mine, mentioned

Unread 12-10-2011, 03:34 AM
Re: Friends being weird? Children, not mine, mentioned

Thank you sisters for sharing. Feeling it too. My males have been great. I have been keeping it private and finally started to tell people. I got the brush off, and the your lucky comments too. My husband confided in his mom and she told the whole family, I was getting phone calls from across the county from people I barely know! One friend is even mad at me for not being around. I have a friend that gave me some great advice, your friends should lift you up not bring you down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2011, 04:45 AM

I've been getting the disappearing act, deer in the headlights, or change of subject real quick every time someone asks what's wrong with you and I tell them. My husband brushes it off saying you'll feel better when you heal. My neighbor's husband has actually offered her up as a surrogate. The other women in my building though avoid me, except today one came up and asked to keep my daughter the night before and night of my surgery though we've not talked in over a week. Since finding out that I needed the surgery not by choice but by life since my uterus could rupture completely (super small wholes like perforated), most of my female friends have scattered like cockroaches when the lights come on. Today, the one who offered to babysit asked me how I was doing, and I told her how busy I am trying to get everything done before the surgery, nervous, on hormones so emotions are crazy, and so on. She actually stuck around! So, maybe honesty is best.

I'm also surrounded by "Fertile Myrtle's". One neighbor found out that she's pregnant the day after I found out that I have to have a hysterectomy. She comes bounding down the stairs in our apartments to shove her positive pee tests in my face. I know the pain you have to be feeling on that one.

I'm getting the same comments on how man I wished they'd do it to me so I wouldn't have any more periods. When I went in for my pre-op, a pregnant woman asked why I was there. I told her and she had the nerve to say that she wished it was her! I so badly wanted to tell her that she should be grateful and careful that God doesn't take her baby away from her. That's the hard part for me. When we were told that I was never going to be able to carry to full term with no problems and now that that hope's gone, the hard part is seeing women who never wanted babies, complaining constantly about them, and they keep having more.
Unread 12-10-2011, 12:33 PM

Hearing all these stories gave me the strength to talk to my friends and explain my grief. It helped!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2011, 11:49 AM

When I told my husband he just said everything will be fine. Sounds like a pretty straight forward procedure.(DaV). Don't think he is getting the fact that it's a very emotional time for me. My mom seemed "clueless" , my MIL said well that's good that they found out what was going on and can fix it. My close friends were some symphathic and when I was mentioning the surgery they where at lost for words. So I threw in that I might have a going away party for my uterus. Brought a laugh, but subject changed quickly. And those that u expect the least from give the most.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register