Scheduled LAVH The journey begins..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The journey begins..... The journey begins.....

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:19 PM
The journey begins.....

Just got confirmation of my pre-surg physical (12/19), and LAVH scheduled for 12/28. Waiting for approval from mgr at work so I can start disability paperwork. A little scared and nervous, but I know I have no other options already having had 2 Novasure procedures. Not getting a lot of support from team leader at work, so that adds a little to the stress. Any suggestions for dealing with someone that intentionally is trying to add more stress to an already tough choice? Thanks for the help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Re: The journey begins.....

to hystersisters.

I do not have any advice for your team leader, just sorry you have to deal with it. Just make sure that your doctor can give you written information on recovery times that you can give to your team leader.

Being nervous is normal - this can be a scary time. This is a tough surgery to deal with. But, you have found the right site for support. There is also a lot of information on this site. If you have not already, you may want to read through the pre-op information page.

(((Hugs))) to you.
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:30 PM

Sorry you're not getting support at work. It really makes a difference when people there are willing to take over your duties and are genuinely concerned about your well being. But some people hear you're having surgery and all they can think about is how it will affect them... Inconvenient or heavier workload or maybe they won't get holidays when they want because theyre short staffed. These are valid feelings but the bottom line is you're having surgery and that takes priority. I was off work 8 weeks after my surgery and I know it was inconvenient for them. But I would have so much rather been at work those 8 weeks than doing what I was doing. Perhaps an open honest one on one with your team leader would help. If this person is a true "team leader" he/she should be acting more professional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2011, 03:11 PM

Hey Sis

I initially wanted the Novasure procedure but when my doctor saw all of the fibroids I had after she did the ultrasound, she recommended a hysterectomy. I live in South St. Louis County, not that far from St. Charles.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by missourigal View Post

Just got confirmation of my pre-surg physical (12/19), and LAVH scheduled for 12/28. Waiting for approval from mgr at work so I can start disability paperwork. A little scared and nervous, but I know I have no other options already having had 2 Novasure procedures. Not getting a lot of support from team leader at work, so that adds a little to the stress. Any suggestions for dealing with someone that intentionally is trying to add more stress to an already tough choice? Thanks for the help!!
Unread 12-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Well, the fun continues. Had a meeting with my manager and team lead. They're asking me to re-schedule, preferable to the following week when I will have NO ONE available to get me to and from the hospital and no one at home to help me the first couple days of post-op. They're saying we don't have sufficient coverage - Funny, when I checked the calendars BEFORE I submitted my request, the 2 people that could provide coverage didn't have any days scheduled, and now all of a sudden they do. If I find out my team lead had anything to do with coordinating this little "coincidence", I'm going to HR and getting her fired. I am so honkerblonkED!! Take caution when you go to work with someone you used to consider a friend.....they will screw you over and not think twice.
Unread 12-01-2011, 06:58 PM

Thanks Nintell - keep me informed of your progress, I'm not that far behind you!!!
Unread 12-01-2011, 07:27 PM

What you are going through at work really sucks!

That's so very unprofessional of your TL.

So - what are you going to do? stick with your original schedule or go with the time they want you you to ask for now??

I fully appreciate how good my TL was!! I had 7 weeks off work because she wouldn't let me come back at 6 weeks. Then she made me take half days for a week. She visited me in hospital and at home once, and later when I was a few weeks along in my recovery she took me out to lunch and filled me in about what was going on at work.
She isn't a friend, or anything, but I was impressed by her attitude.
Would that you all could be blessed by having employers like that!
Unread 12-01-2011, 07:54 PM

Hi there ~ I am training the person who will handle my desk while I am off work for surgery Dec. 7th. My boss is very hard to communicate with under normal circumstances, so I can surely relate. I am just keeping in mind that I have given ample notice, have done the best job without how miserable I have been feeling affecting it, and this time is more about me and getting healthier than the desk right now. I recommend that you deal with your team leader in a matter of fact way. It's personal to us but for them its business. Best of luck in your weeks prior to surgery. I will be thinking about you!
Unread 12-01-2011, 08:50 PM

I'm going to find out more tomorrow. I'm going in later because of another doc appt, but once I get there I'm going to do some digging (timestamps are a wonderful thing!!). If I find that the vacation requests of the other 2 team members were posted AFTER I sent my e-mail, I'm contacting HR - because that would mean my TL coordinated an effort to put a stop to my scheduled surgery date. My TL will be in another branch, so I can do my research and make any necessary phone calls without interruption. If she did coordinate an effort to stop my surgery just so her vacation wouldn't be interrupted, she will have a big legal issue on her hands. She seems to have forgotten that I hold a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, and I will use that knowledge to my benefit!!
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:29 PM

You go girl!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register