Scheduled TVH looking for my lost sanity....help!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

looking for my lost sanity....help!!! looking for my lost sanity....help!!!

Unread 11-30-2011, 11:57 PM
looking for my lost sanity....help!!!

Hi Ladies,
I have been throught hell and back, Latley I fell like i'm still in hell. I'm scheduled for surgey Jan.9/11 and can't imagine waiting another six weeks. I have been told by my gyno it is most likely adenomyosis. After 4 years of being written off as having IBS. I currently have been off work for the last month as i can no longer take the pain, the back aches, the sever bowel issues etc. I feel practically bed ridden. They have given me every drug you can think of and absolutly no relief. The worst part is now I'm suffeing from depression and panic attaks. My family dr finally gave me xanax to help and some anti depressants to see if that will at least get me to my surgey date. I've call the dr's office so many times to see if they have cancelations or can move my date, I think the reception hates me but too bad. I would never want to see someone suffer like this.

I see most of you have had your surgeries or are close, tell me how did you make it through when you felt hopeless? any advise would be great! i have been glued to this site since i found it and it is great just knowing i not alone or crazy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Re: looking for my lost sanity....help!!!

You are not alone and you aren't crazy.

I work from home and had projects to finish. What drove me crazy was not being able to focus on the work I needed to do because I was obsessing about my impending surgery and hanging out here more often than not. Hell, I'm still here A LOT! My husband asks me every day - How are the sisters doing?

My best advice for you:
In addition to your HysterSisters addiction, find something to keep you busy that can take your mind off your pain for a while. I know 6 weeks seems like a long time, but all of a sudden the count will be 6 days and then 6 hours. It will go faster than you think, especially with the holidays coming up.

I hope you get that earlier date you are hoping for.
Take Care
Unread 12-01-2011, 12:12 AM

I'm still right there with you in the hopeless state. My heart goes out to you!!!

They are also wanting me to wait until JANUARY after going through this for so long I can't even fathom it. I got a call today that there is a possible spot opening up on the 22nd but it's very tentative and a lot more has to fall in place to make it work. So of course this means no christmas (not that there would have been a christmas anyway - can't travel, can't buy gifts, can't decorate or go to parties or do any of the stuff people do other than lay on the couch with a heating pad and cry).

I can't understand how it is possible that so many women are all having such dire situations in my neighborhood all at the same time. I don't believe it for one minute. I think there is absolutely no triage going on and that women getting voluntary surgeries for tubal ligations and tummy tucks have filled the rooms by booking ahead. I feel sorry for anyone who has an immediate, life-threatening emergency.

I hope all the tummy-tuck ladies have a lovely holiday and look smashing in their cocktail dresses. I really do.

(notice I'm getting into the "vile loathing of everyone" stage of this process)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Re: I'm new and I'm in Calgary

Hello, HUGS! I know exactly where you are mentally right now, I was there this exact time last year, I had to wait 3 months for my surgery date. it will go by fast for sure, but in the mean time here are some suggestions for you
learn to say NO to everyone that needs favors, focus on you, your home, your family (husband or kids if you have them)
go for a pedicure
go for a massage
fill your freezer full meals so after surgery you don't have to cook...there is a preparing for surgery section on here where you can start getting ideas and making lists
plan a party! I had a farewell uterus party, it was fun, I was surrounded by those that really cared for me.
shop for hospital bag stuff
keep yourself healthy
start planning your post surgery life! no more cramps, periods, full on FREEDOM!!!

I to was written of with IBS and guess what, no one attack since my surgery!

let me know if you have specific questions.

Dandy.
Unread 12-01-2011, 12:15 AM

thanks Mclila, any positive thought help ease the stress. i know i'm getting bored at home and feeling restless, which adds to the agony. True six weeks is not so bad considering i've been like this for 4 years. Thanks again for the positive reinforcement!

How are you feeling now? I pray and hope i'm cured once this is all over. just want my life back.
Unread 12-01-2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay_Rock View Post
I'm still right there with you in the hopeless state. My heart goes out to you!!!

They are also wanting me to wait until JANUARY after going through this for so long I can't even fathom it. I got a call today that there is a possible spot opening up on the 22nd but it's very tentative and a lot more has to fall in place to make it work. So of course this means no christmas (not that there would have been a christmas anyway - can't travel, can't buy gifts, can't decorate or go to parties or do any of the stuff people do other than lay on the couch with a heating pad and cry).

I can't understand how it is possible that so many women are all having such dire situations in my neighborhood all at the same time. I don't believe it for one minute. I think there is absolutely no triage going on and that women getting voluntary surgeries for tubal ligations and tummy tucks have filled the rooms by booking ahead. I feel sorry for anyone who has an immediate, life-threatening emergency.

I hope all the tummy-tuck ladies have a lovely holiday and look smashing in their cocktail dresses. I really do.

(notice I'm getting into the "vile loathing of everyone" stage of this process)
OMG where have you been all this time. I have been needing someone to cry and complain with! If one more person says 'i know my period sucks too" i'll scream! I've been in th emergency 3 times so far this last month and all they say is " oh you have cramps...here's some morphine that will help" uuhhmmm yeah no it doesn't and what happenes once it wears off and I'm still in pain? lol crazy!
Unread 12-01-2011, 12:31 AM

YES! I've got a giant bottle of vicodin sitting here and I'm just glaring at it because it won't do a darned thing.

I don't think I'm nearly in as bad shape as you - I only have fibroids but three of them are large and pressing on organs and I can't sit up without pain. Riding in cars, even to the doctor, is an exercise in self-control and lamaze breathing. Any bodily function (bowels, bladder) leaves me in tears. And people keep asking me "Can't you at least come to the party? You don't have to do anything but sit there!" and are offended when I explain that I really can't. And I went from being in the finish line for menopause to three-times-a-month bleeding that was no period. It was BLEEDING.

I just want to whine and whine and while I'm horrified that you're in a situation as bad as that, I'm THRILLED to find a pity party partner, LOL.

I'm pretty sure that every person at my doctor's office despises me and wishes they could screen my calls.
Unread 12-01-2011, 12:38 AM

Kay_rock!

Yes lets have our own pitty party together and open it up for anyone wanting to join! let also try and pick each other up when we are really down and out. At least we can simpathize with what we are going through. I find that is the hard est part. My mother had this done at 28 and has been a great source of comfort, but her's never got to the point that mine has.

i get the part about inivations to events and they don't understand....my favorite is " well not like you doing anything at home" WHAT!!! I'm in bed crying with a heating pad trying not to have a panic attack and wishing for the day i never feel like this again. in other words I'm Busy!
Unread 12-01-2011, 12:46 AM

I don't have any advice, as my TAH was an emergency procedure, but just wanted to send you ladies some hugs. Best wishes to you. :-)
Unread 12-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Re: I'm new and I'm in Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandylicious View Post
Hello, HUGS! I know exactly where you are mentally right now, I was there this exact time last year, I had to wait 3 months for my surgery date. it will go by fast for sure, but in the mean time here are some suggestions for you
learn to say NO to everyone that needs favors, focus on you, your home, your family (husband or kids if you have them)
go for a pedicure
go for a massage
fill your freezer full meals so after surgery you don't have to cook...there is a preparing for surgery section on here where you can start getting ideas and making lists
plan a party! I had a farewell uterus party, it was fun, I was surrounded by those that really cared for me.
shop for hospital bag stuff
keep yourself healthy
start planning your post surgery life! no more cramps, periods, full on FREEDOM!!!

I to was written of with IBS and guess what, no one attack since my surgery!

let me know if you have specific questions.
Dandy.
Hi dandy! Thanks, i would love to chat more with you. it would be great to talk with someone who has been there and is now on the other side. It would definitaly restore my faith and help get through these next month. i have read so much on here and have found comfort. Finally decided to start posting and hoped that it would help me out of the dark tunnel i feel like i am in. I know soon i will see the light!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register