SAH 6 mo. post op finally turned a corner | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 mo. post op finally turned a corner 6 mo. post op finally turned a corner

Unread 12-01-2011, 12:16 PM
6 mo. post op finally turned a corner

I'm 6 mo. post op. today and feeling really good. It seems that into the 4th mo was the beginning of starting to feel normal again. I had alot of bladder pain the first 4 months and still feeling a little twinge hear and there, but nothing like it was...I ended up going to a pelvic floor physical therapist and doing accupuncture I don't know if it was both PT and Accup or healing time or the combination of all 3 that helped oh and lots of water also on the lowest dose climarin spit in 1/2 eventually going off and taking probiotics every once in awhile, but I'm feeling great. This surgery can really traumitize the bladder so we really need up to a yr to heal. I hope all of my sista's are on the road to a smooth recovery...everyone have a safe and Happy Holidays...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Re: 6 mo. post op finally turned a corner

You have given me hope! I am just 2 1/2 months post op and still find a busy day leaves me exhausted the next day! You're right, we sometimes need more time than the average patient to get back on track. Thank you for posting, you've made my day!
Unread 12-05-2011, 12:02 PM

You Welcome MrsAllnut...there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Oh and on my post above I meant split not spit in half...haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2011, 09:36 PM

Can you please tell me what problems you had because I'm having terrible right side throbbing pain. It's been 2 months. I'm seeing a urolgoist on Thur. Dec 8th. I had my uterous, right tube/ovary and my appendex take out on Oct. 3rd. I starting to feel helpless and depressed. I'm an active person, now I don't want to do anything.
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:55 PM

Hi Igeraci, I had huge fibroids 20 wk uterus sitting on my bladder that started causing bladder problems burning urination, frequency and mild incontenance a month prior to my surgery, fibroids had pushed my cervix and bladder to one side had to be moved back into right position. After my surgery I still had urinary freq, burning, and I had bladder pain and pressure...I had 2 UTI's within a 2 mo period hadn't had one for about 7yrs. I ended up going to a uroligist and he informed me my obgyn did a cystoscopy and my bladder looked beautiful but it didn't feel beautiful so he said to give it more time and not to stress out because that will prolong the healing process, yeh easier said than done so I did and about 2 mo p.o. I went to a urogyno and started pelvic floor PT 6wks which I was told my pelvic floor was fine mainly did kegals and accupuncture for 12wks...so long story short haha my obgyn and uroligist was right and that I just needed more time to heal that it can take up to 6mo to a yr. 4 mo post op is when I could really start to feel an improvement I'm feeling pretty good now, there were times I thought I would never get back to normal...I really understand how you feel, it takes time to heal you've been through alot having your appendex out also. You should see your doctor about the throbbing pain...Take it from me, there is hope - don't feel depressed, It takes some time to get our body's back your only 2 mo post op...prayers and hugs
Unread 12-08-2011, 06:25 PM

The urologist is looking in my bladder next week just to make sure there's nothing going on in there. It's just weird, my pain is only in one area.

Did your insurance pay for accupunture? That may be my next step.

I'm glad you're feeling better! Maybe I'll turn that corner soon!
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:07 PM

You will turn that corner real soon the accupuncture is a nerve stimulation Accupuncture that sends low electrical current applied to 1 needle placed in traditional acupuncture points ... the ankle. Stimulates the nerves around the bladder. My insurance covered it, I have Kaiser...It was referred by my urogyno. Let me know how the cystoscopy goes...prayers and hugs
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:50 PM

Yay, a light!!!

Thanks for posting.
Unread 01-04-2012, 03:20 PM

Hi Igeraci,

I just wanted to see how you were doing,,you probably turned that corner...Hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register