Scheduled dVH/RALH Long time to stew over hysterectomy. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Long time to stew over hysterectomy. Long time to stew over hysterectomy.

Unread 12-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Long time to stew over hysterectomy.

my surgery isn't until January 16... I feel like I have so much time to dread the big day. Anyone out there have theirs scheduled that far out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2011, 03:30 AM
Re: Long time to stew over hysterectomy.

Yes. I have had my surgery scheduled since October 5th and my surgery date is January 5th. I have been going crazy with this long wait. I'm hoping that with the holidays it will help with the anxiety of waiting.
Unread 12-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Long time to stew over hysterectomy.

Wow u have been waiting for A bit already. I'm hoping the same ... That the holidays will help a little... I guess there I alot to learn from the message boards before so that's good I guess to have the time to research and be prepared. Good luck with ur surgery hope to see on the boards. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2011, 02:41 PM

Mine is scheduled for January 11, so I have to wait too. I have my moments each day when I second guess my decision, but for the most part, I just want it over with. I feel like someone flipped a switch a month ago and I became a shell of myself. I left the house for an hour today, and that was a huge accomplishment. I used to walk several miles a day and was always out and about somewhere. I'm in nearly constant pain now with cramps due to fibroids.

Hang in there, we'll make it through together!
Unread 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm in the waiting game too! my surgery isn't until Jan. 9/11. I have gone crazy already with the long wait. I know the feeling of not feeling like the person I am. Just a void body wandering the house. It got so bad that I am now on anti-depressants and xanax to kill the panic attacks. I am so bored at home, but am in so much pain that I had to take time off work. I'm useless like this. But on the bright side it's now december and we are almost there!!! i swear the only thing keeping me from losing it is this site. all the great women on here are so supportive and I have learned so much. Helps to know that we are not alone in this!

I wish you all the best through this....soon we will be able to share our stories of how great we are feeling!
Unread 12-02-2011, 06:02 PM

Hi all,
I am in the waiting game with you also - Mine is scheduled for January 12th. The waiting is hard but I am trying to shelf it until after the holidays and focus on other things. But is hard to do when you are in pain and it is a constant reminder. I find myself checking this website everyday. LOL!!! However I have learned so much from being here already and hope that the extra time will help me get all I need to prepare!! Best of luck to all my fellow ladies in waiting!!
Unread 12-02-2011, 10:20 PM

I've known since July that I was going to have one. I actually put it out of my mind and focused on all the fun I wanted to have before the surgery. My fibroids have been giving me havoc for the last 2 years and now started to affect my love of running. You can't run a marathon with the periods I was having!!! So, Doc and I decided to wait til Xmas after all my races and my deductible is all paid up at this time since my kids often need medical attention due to their sports. And the good Lord gave me a doozie of a period last week so I am glad and nervous about the surgery next week but hope that I will feel better next year when I'm in the Chicago Marathon in October.
Unread 12-03-2011, 02:12 AM

I have known for awhile this was the path I was destined to take.... Guess I was in denial. I work in emergency medicine and the deciding factor for me was when I was doing CPR and I gushed so bad it ran down my legs... An emt noticed and replaced me on conpessions as she so sweetly said .... Go take care of you. I was mortified.. Decided this wasn't a lifestyle I want to live anymore... Furthermore my patient died that day.
Unread 12-03-2011, 08:21 AM

I don't have my surgery scheduled but I've known for a few years this was coming. I have a dr. appt. on Dec 12th to schedule my hysterectomy for sometime in January I hope. Now that I know it's inevitable I can't wait to get it over with.
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:18 AM

I'm scheduled for 12/28. I'm surprised on how long some of you have to wait for your "day". I went it to the doctor on thursday and was told a hysterectomy was needed and then asked which Wednesday this month would you like to go in. It was nice to be able to pick my own date to work around my family schedule. Wishing the best to you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register