Swelly Belly- How LONG?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly- How LONG?? Swelly Belly- How LONG??

Unread 12-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Re: Swelly Belly- How LONG??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandspice View Post
16 months?! My doctors are all confused by me still having it at 4.5 months! I don't know how much more I can stand this. I'm so sore and uncomfortable I have no life at all. I was so much better off before this surgery.
Yes, 16 months. I start out fine in the morning, then as the day progresses, I swell, my gut feels hard, etc. I need to go back to the doctor and ask about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2011, 09:16 PM

Lord please give me strength.
Unread 12-03-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandspice View Post
Lord please give me strength.
Ah.......... at least you can all have a bit of a laugh about it!
Otherwise we'd cry.
I am at 3 months with the same old, same old..... but to hear some of you still have it at 9 months and an unthinkable 16 months makes me want to slit my wrists.
I HAD hoped, now we are getting into summer over here, that I'd be able to give up my two-sizes larger pants and get into my summer clothes. Had a big try-on around midday but by then I was climbing through the months of pregnancy (starting the day at 1 month pregnant and getting to 5 months by the end of the day )- and I could not tolerate any of my skirt waistbands, or summer pants. Just one pair is loose enough to get thru the day.
I really don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe!!
I know it isn't fat, because I can have quite a flat abdomen first thing, and I was quite slim pre-op.
Sigh....
If only there were exercises that guaranteed to help get this business sorted.
Is it OK to do abdominal workouts at 3 months, do you know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Swelly Belly- How LONG??

Quote:
Originally Posted by beryl55 View Post
If your swelly belly changes from day to day or time of day, then I wouldn't think it would be fat. The doctor told me that it is fluid and that it can take a long time for the body to refigure out how to process the fluid.
I wonder what kind of fluid? I've been trying to explain to people it's almost like a sprained ankle that you keep reinjuring...... how do we make it stop???
Unread 12-03-2011, 08:05 AM

It hurts. I can feel my skin stretching. I am so uncomfortable and really unhappy.
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:59 AM

From what I've seen, workouts will help wifh muscle strength, but won't help with swelly belly. Other posters have said that it clears up when your body is ready.

Sugarandspice - that does sound painful! I had huge fibroids (4 pounds) so there is still a lot of empty skin for my belly to swell into. However, If I didn't have that pre-existing space, I don't know what I would do! Does ice help at all? I would put two gel icebacks on my abdomen and that helped a little bit. I actually put one under the seatbelt while driving to work, but you don't want to use ice more than 20 minutes at a time
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:03 AM

Oh no 16 months? What does your doc say Lauriees? I'm hoping he says fluid like beryl55's (thank you by the way yours was the explanation I think we all wanted to hear)!
Unread 12-03-2011, 02:30 PM

I feel so much weight when I walk. Between my back hurting and my belly swollen, It's hard to walk. I thought my bloating problems were over when I had my LSH for fibroids. My belly looks so out of proportion and flabby. I feel miserable .
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBewes View Post
Oh no 16 months? What does your doc say Lauriees? I'm hoping he says fluid like beryl55's (thank you by the way yours was the explanation I think we all wanted to hear)!
I've still yet to see my Dr. I'm putting it off until January.

I wasn't really all that concerned about it at first because my Dr. said it'll take 6 mos to a year to be healed, and I should notice the swelling go down. Now I'm just tired of it so I want to go back. I still have that "hard" feeling in my belly, too. I'm more concerned about that. Some days it feels like I'm about to give birth.
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:22 PM

Both my primary care doctor and gyne are surprised and perplexed by the fact I'm still so swollen. They are thinking its from my autoimmune disease. I really need this to end soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register