Scheduled TAH TAH 2 days before Christmas. ( kids mentioned ) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH 2 days before Christmas. ( kids mentioned ) TAH 2 days before Christmas. ( kids mentioned )

Unread 12-02-2011, 10:24 AM
TAH 2 days before Christmas. ( kids mentioned )

Anyone else booked for December 22nd? What are your plans for Christmas?? I just got my call today. I am happy that it is going to be done before the new year. But a little worried about being in the hospital on Christmas day. My kids are 21, 19 and 18, so it's not that big of a deal. It will just be a weird Christmas this year. I am not going to be up to a whole lot 3 days post op. Well, I guess I should start getting my stuff ready so I can have a stress free Christmas/ TAH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Re: TAH 2 days before Christmas. ( kids mentioned )

I am scheduled for the 19th and Christmas is not looking to be a big deal in my home this year either. My children are 21 & 13 so I really don't have to go all out.I will be back home by then. I haven't discussed it with my ex yet but my plan is for my son to come back to me during the afternoon on Christmas Day. Your children are old enough to understand and to even help you out. :-) If its like my doctor says, you will probably be going home on the 24th so you wont have to spend Christmas in the hospital. We just have to take it one day at a time!
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:00 AM

I had my surgery Dec 22nd, 2008. At the time my girls were 17, 16, and 14. I insisted to my doc that I go home at least on Christmas Eve. She insisted that I could go home if 1.) I had no complications, and 2.) I did nothing except lay around when I went home. I was able to go home Christmas Eve morning. I went home and layed on the couch. Hubby did all the cooking. All our shopping had been done prior to. My family held our Christmas on New Years that year. It was a very relaxing holiday that year.

Things will be fine with a little planning.

Hope all goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2011, 01:25 PM

My TAH is December 21st and I have children ages 6, 4 and 4. We are adjusting our Christmas traditions and plans so that hubby is doing the stuff I traditionally do. If I don't get to go home on Christmas Eve (my BIG hope), we have friends coming to watch the kids while hubby brings all the stockings stuff to the hospital and sets it up. Then the kids will come over in the morning and we'll open the presents in our stockings.

If I get home on Christmas Eve, we'll move the traditional meal to Christmas Day and open presents around when I'm awake.

Good luck ladies!
Unread 12-02-2011, 01:56 PM

Hey Sister

I am scheduled to have my surgery on December 14th, so not as close to Christmas as you're surgery is. Nevertheless, my children are 26 & 20, but we normally have a few family events leading up to Christmas that I won't be able to attend (unless I'm feeling up to it). I look at it like this, I would rather have the surgery right before Christmas than to have to deal with the excruciating pain of another menstrual cycle. I wish you all the best and I'll see you on the other side.
Unread 12-02-2011, 02:08 PM

I have the same date as you and also got my call today!

My daughter just moved to england a few weeks ago. We were supposed to travel for christmas but we knew that was out even before my date got scheduled because my pain levels do not allow it. All of our family is far away.

I'm figuring we'll have no christmas. This makes me enormously sad and I have to not even think about it.

I'm hoping that if I feel well enough some of my local friends who often spend christmas with us might at least swing by and say hello, but I know that people get caught up in what they're doing and I wouldn't expect it.

I debated even not decorating because it might make me too sad, but then I realized that sitting here recovering christmas day without anything looking even vaguely christmassy would just make me even sadder. It's my first "empty nest" christmas and now they're even taking the nest.

I'm getting depressed just thinking about it.

Dang - I had every intention of typing this up and being upbeat and cheerful and I blew it. I'm sorry!
Unread 12-02-2011, 04:40 PM

Thanks for replying. I am happy that I will only have to have 1 more period in my life. It is only one Christmas out of many to come. I will have everything done and set up so my husband can do it. I think we will forgo the big sit down dinner. I have 3 sons and between them and my husband. The house would be burnt down. LOL. Just have a bunch of meat tray, veggie trays etc. I really hope to go home on CHristmas eve. That is the plan. I love Christmas with my family. We usually just chill, and this year, I'll be doing a little medically enhanced chilling.I know that it will all work out. I have a TON of stuff to do to get my house ready. I have the nastiest cold right now, that I am trying to kick. I am so ready to be on the other side. Thanks ladies!
Unread 12-02-2011, 05:27 PM

I am scheduled for December 21st, but am supposed to be home that same night. My kids are 10 and 12, so Christmas day is still a huge deal for them. We have just rearranged our travel plans and everyone will come to us over those few days. I have almost finished shopping and getting my house on order. My mom and mom in law have agreed to come early and do all the cooking. So, I figure I will just have to let everyone else do all the work, which will be a big adjustment for me. Honestly, I am just ready to get it over with. I'm tired of feeling like this! Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register