Da Vinci Lapro Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Da Vinci Lapro Hysterectomy Da Vinci Lapro Hysterectomy

Unread 12-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Da Vinci Lapro Hysterectomy

Hello. I am schedule for the Da Vinci Lapro Hyster on Dec 13 and could use any info and advice from others that have had the same. I have been told it is a more positive surgery for healing time, pain, infection, bleeding, recovery in general. I lift patients and equipment at work, so I'm hoping recovery is faster than the usual open type surgery. Any input is appreciated. I'm starting to feel the stress of it coming up. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Re: Da Vinci Lapro Hysterectomy scheduled Dec 13

Hey. I don't have any advice because I am waiting on my surgery too. Mine is scheduled for Dec. 12th. From everything I have read, everyone is different. The da vinci is supposed to be a lot less invasive, but it is still a major surgery. I plan on listening to my body. My husband has talked to women at work who have had it done within the last year. One was back to work in 2 weeks, the other a month. And I have read all different times on here. Good luck to you. I am a little nervous, but I am excited to get mine done because of the problems I have been having. You can find a lot of answers and a ton of support here.
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:08 AM

Hello, I am postop 1 day from Da Vinci total hysterectomy. So far everything seems to be going well. Like you I was extremely nervous prior to procedure but it truly is pretty much painless. My tummy has been sore but it is mainly from all the gas. As soon as they will let you I would suggest taking Gas X. Walking helped relieve some of the gas pain. Good luck to the both of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2011, 11:00 AM

Hi all, I an also post op 3 months now and I agree with Jaello. It really was the option for me. I feel great and hard to believe I had major surgery. You both will be fine. The anxiety of the wait for me was the worst part nott
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:01 AM

Hi all, I also am post op 3 months now and I agree with Jaello. It really was the best option for me. I feel great and hard to believe I had major surgery. You both will be fine. The anxiety of the wait for me was the worst part not the surgery..
Unread 12-03-2011, 05:50 PM

I am 12 days post op from DaVinci LAVH/BSO and it has been a positive experience.

I have had some discomfort but no pain.Of course I was on heavy duty pain meds.

Once I got home from the hospital I was amazed to see real improvement every day. Now I feel pretty much back to normal but I must still take it easy.

I hope you all have as good an experience as I have.
Unread 12-03-2011, 06:23 PM

Had my daVinci procedure on Tuesday, and I couldn't be more pleased. I wasn't expecting the blue dye in my urine, which they use to check for proper bladder function (had adhesions on my bladder they cleaned up, but it has been good to know everything was working right). The only other surprise has been how good I feel. I can get up and move around and the only major pains have been related to gas and that first BM. Totally managable though. I'm not ready to run marathons or play ice hockey or anything, but I did not expect to feel this good. Doc warned me that even though I feel good, it would be easy to do too much, so I am trying to just chillax and enjoy the rest. So far so good.
Best of luck to you!
Ara
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:29 PM

I also had daVinchi. I have had few issues & little pain. I want you to realize, though, that the recovery time internally is as long as the recovery for other surgeries. I notice that you "lift patients & equipment". You should talk with your doctor before surgery to find out when you will be able to resume the lifting. My weight lifting is limited to under 10# for 3 weeks and probably under 20# for another 3 weeks. It is better to have a plan with the doctor rather than an incorrect assumption. Best of luck!
Unread 12-03-2011, 10:41 PM

I am 4 weeks post having the total da vinci hysterectomy...i can tell you that it was the best thing i ever did! I too was afraid and had a lot of anxiety during the 3 weeks prior to the surgery....that is very normal to feel that way.....I was walking the very next morning after the surgery...I have noticed this past week that I am feeling so much better and almost back to "me" again....I had a lot of back pain before my surgery due to endo....I feel so much better now!! I would recommend the dav to anyone....it has been great for me!!.....you can get on you tube and type in "da vinci robotic surgery demonstration" and watch exactly how it is done...I found this very interesting!! Good luck and keep us updated!
Unread 12-03-2011, 10:47 PM

I was scheduled to have the DaVinci on Nov 21st. The doctor couldn't get the manipulator through my cervix, therefore he couldn't do it using the robotic assist. Be sure to discuss with your doctor what he would do if for some reason he cannot do the DaVinci. I never thought to ask and he basically switched to laporoscopic but since he'd been doing DaVinci only for so long, he admitted that he was out of practice doing it the old way. So ask your doc how many he does laporascopically, too.

I hope this helps! I think your recovery and lifting of patients would still be 6 weeks out. You don't want to cause adhesions inside your abdomen which would lead to pain. Better to play it safe and heal well than risk it!

Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register