Da Vinci Lapro Hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Da Vinci Lapro Hysterectomy Da Vinci Lapro Hysterectomy

Unread 12-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Re: Da Vinci Lapro Hysterectomy scheduled Dec 13

I had the daVinci on Nov 30th. I never took a single pain pill. I really never had any pain....more of a "tender" feeling. I am now a week and 2 days post op and am feeling a little less weird every day....but I don't feel anything close to normal yet.

I was in the best shape of my life prior to surgery and my feeling now is that it will be a much longer road than I anticipated to get back to my strenuous exercise routine. But I feel that in regards to normal daily activities...I expect that to be back to my old self in a couple more weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2011, 11:08 PM

Hi! I was hoping to ask you about bleeding after your surgery. I have been told no bleeding by 1 lady, 1 week by another, 2-4 by one lady. I'm really worried.

I am having the DaVinci too, removing ovaries and uterus.....leaving cervix or part of cervix. I'm kinda confused on that part. Maybe it has something to do with if you keep the cervix? I don't know. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:30 AM

Petunia,

I had my cervix removed and I have had almost no bleeding...I am 1 week and 4 days past my surgery. I had some bleeding the day I was in the hospital, but not much really...they had a maxi pad on me, but a panty liner would have handled the amount of blood I had. Once I got home, I had very minor spotting....nothing to speak of the last few days though.

I expect that I may see more blood when the stitches start dissolving from the vaginal cuff ( which you won't have because you are keeping your cervix). All in all though....very little bleeding.

Good luck with your surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register