weight gain 7 months post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

weight gain 7 months post op weight gain 7 months post op

Unread 12-03-2011, 07:49 PM
weight gain 7 months post op

I had a total hysterectomy may 2011 in the last month i have found i am very tired have gained weight round my hips and butt and upper thigh area .. and yet i am very active at work, I am not taking any supplements havent changed my diet or decreased the amount of alcohol intake, anyone have any suggestions its starting to get me down .. and my sex life has diminished
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Re: weight gain 7 months post op

Larz

You don't mention if you had your ovaries removed or if you are now menopausal.

Some information indicates that with the reduction of estrogen from your ovaries that the body increases fat so it can produce estrogen. Down side is that it is the 'bad' form of strogen calles estrone. Studies indicate that menopausal women need to exercise an hour a da to maintain their weight.

So talk to your Dr about checking your hormones.

Unread 12-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Re: weight gain 7 months post op

Hi there. I too gained weight, 13 lbs to be exact. I am sick about it. I did not see this coming. I wish someone had warned me. Not sure if it's estrogen related or just the lack of activity the first few months following surgery but it's absolutely depressing. Got rid of one problem and exchanged it for another. I will start a diet after the holidays (let's face it, I want to enjoy all that great food). I used to exercise 3x per week to maintain my weight. Now I feel like I have to do exercise every day to maintain my heavier fatty new weight. Half my clothes don't fit me anymore. I totally understand how you all feel. I can honestly say now I know how overweight people go through life, depressed, self conscious, nothing fits anymore, etc. I feel lost. I don't even know who to go see about this. I had my hormones checked last August and my estrogen number was great. Who knows how it looks now. I didn't even gain this much weight when I quit smoking almost 2 years ago. I also get conflicting info about progesterone, do we need it, do we not, who do you listen to? The MD's say you don't need it. The naturopaths say you do need it. I also have a lot of back pain, I think I developed arthritis. I want to go see a rhumetologist but all they do is send you for xrays, mri's, and put you on big pharma drugs that cause death, heart attacks, etc. Sorry, I wish I had something positive to say. Oh yeah, I lost my job as of last week after almost 11 years. My building sold and the buyer did not need us. Oh well, I suppose life will go on. I need to make a list of things I'm thankful for and read that daily. I'm also going to try to not be so hard on myself. I should be able to enjoy a little time off instead of focusing on poor me, I lost my job. My husband works so we're okay for awile. Plus, I will get benefits. I just have to get used to the idea of being off and lick my wounds and get over it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register