Not Scheduled Waiting on decission | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting on decission Waiting on decission

Unread 12-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Waiting on decission

Hello,

Finally it seems like my long journey will be over soon!!
Started 6 months ago, when I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids. After a long approval process and changing Dr.'s 2 times, I am being sent to Japan to the USNH for my surgery.
I am a military wife, living overseas and Japan is the closes Base for us to travel.
I still do not have a surgery date, but got an appointment for pre-op consultation for December 16, 2011. I am happy! These past 6 months of not knowing what is happening has been hard on me and my family.
I am excited about having the surgery done soon and leaving all this behind. Also want to move forward and not look back!
HysterSisters has given me so much support and tips of how to deal with what is coming my way. Thanks so much!
I am packing my bags (using suggestions from the site), and will send you updates on what is going on with me as soon as I can.
After my consultation I am hoping to have the surgery within days, and than I will spend a few days in the hospital. For my recovery I was offered a place to stay on Base where we can wait until I get better and be ready to fly back home. ( So not looking forward to that return flight!) I am excited and also full of questions of how all this is going to play out? But have my confident that I will be in good hands and always have you as my support!
Thanks again for everything so far and wish you all the best!

Ps.I would love to be able to have the Da VInci surgery, but I don't think it possible at the Hospital I am being sent to... Most likely I will end up with Open Abdominal surgery. Ouch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Re: Waiting on decission

Hi, making the decision can be tough. I waited 2 years before I felt I could have the surgery. Either work or family took precedence until I couldn't wait any longer. I also had very large fibroids and I lived with the pain and annoyance. Back in October, I couldn't take it anymore and agreed to the surgery. I'm 3.5 weeks post-op. Some days are good while others aren't so good but you will get through it. Just take it one day at a time.
Unread 12-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Re: Waiting on decission

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerPlayer1 View Post
Hi, making the decision can be tough. I waited 2 years before I felt I could have the surgery. Either work or family took precedence until I couldn't wait any longer. I also had very large fibroids and I lived with the pain and annoyance. Back in October, I couldn't take it anymore and agreed to the surgery. I'm 3.5 weeks post-op. Some days are good while others aren't so good but you will get through it. Just take it one day at a time.
Hi, THanks for the encouragement. I see you had Laporoscopy done? I wish I will have the same, but my fibroid is big. It is 8cm diagonal. Do you mind telling me how big was yours? Maybe I can convince my Dr to do the same type of surgery.
The decision making was not mine. Trust me, I would of had this taken out right away. It the insurance and approval what is taking so long. But as you sad, one step at the time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register