Best Wishes to our December 07 Princesses - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best Wishes to our December 07 Princesses Best Wishes to our December 07 Princesses

Unread 12-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Re: Best Wishes to our December 07 Princesses

Relax and let people take care of you! This is YOUR time! I'm scheduled for next week and if there is anything I've learned from reading posts and articles on this site it's that there is nothing to be afraid of and there is all the support in the world here!
Take of YOU! YOU are soooooo worth it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Best Wishes to our December 07 Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbchan View Post
Relax and let people take care of you! This is YOUR time! I'm scheduled for next week and if there is anything I've learned from reading posts and articles on this site it's that there is nothing to be afraid of and there is all
the support in the world here!
Take of YOU! YOU are soooooo worth it!
This just brought tears to my eyes thank you so much and good luck to you .
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:02 AM

Wow its really here I'm nervous but I'm ready waiting for the day has been hard but I'm ready to get my life bak on track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2011, 10:30 AM

Thanks so much for the support and well wishes... I was cleared for surgery yesterday afternoon during my pre-op... I had an EKG, bloodwork and meetings with a nurse and doctor. They asked me lots of questions and gave me instructions for prepping for the surgery. Now it feels real to me... Surprisingly, I'm not the least bit nervous; just anxious and ready for the surgery to be done... I wish everyone the best of luck during their surgery and a speedy recovery I do have a question though... Does anyone have any thoughts about whether it's best to take pajamas or a gown to the hospital?? Just getting my list together...
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:51 AM

I am not going to take an of my pj's to the hospital...not going to soil my comfy stuff...use their's...let them do the cleaning.

I will take personal hygiene items...and house slippers...but other than that...just comfy clothes to go in...then same clothes to come home in...might take a sports bra so I don't have to be self conscience when people come to visit.
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:09 AM

Ah, great advice... That makes perfect sense especially since its only one day and I really do not want to mess up my good stuff.. Thanks!
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:26 AM

Good idea about the PJ's. I'm still taking an overnight bag, just in case I have to stay. I want as many comforts of home as possible since I won't be home for at least 2 weeks. You should see the pile of stuff (all of it deemed necessary by me and im pretty sure unnecessary by her) that I'm taking to my Mum's. Hey, if I can't be at home, why can't I bring home with me?
I will find out sometime today when my surgery is... Until then, I'll do my Pre-op labs, clear diet & bowel prep. Yup. I'm a lucky girl!
Keep smiling, ladies!!! 😃
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:40 AM

God be with you wonderful ladies as you head to the castle. Remember this is the end of a burden and the start of something new. I had my visit about 4weeks ago and even though I have had some down days the things that keep me going is this site, my friends and family, and all the health issue this one surgery has done away with that I'll never have to endure again and last but not least my faith in God has been strengthen even more. Know that you are in my prayers and I pray you a speedy recovery.
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2b View Post
Wow its really here I'm nervous but I'm ready waiting for the day has been hard but I'm ready to get my life bak on track
. AMEN Sister
Unread 12-06-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise1971 View Post
God be with you wonderful ladies as you head to the castle. Remember this is the end of a burden and the start of something new. I had my visit about 4weeks ago and even though I have had some down days the things that keep me going is this site, my friends and family, and all the health issue this one surgery has done away with that I'll never have to endure again and last but not least my faith in God has been strengthen even more. Know that you are in my prayers and I pray you a speedy recovery.
So true. He's always there when we need him. God bless you! And good luck! My surgery is tomorrow also!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register