Best Wishes to our December 07 Princesses - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best Wishes to our December 07 Princesses Best Wishes to our December 07 Princesses

Unread 12-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Best Wishes to our December 07 Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwool View Post
I have to admit...I sucked in a bit of air seeing the date Dec. 7th and my name in the list...wow, it's really going to happen...this is the week...Pearl Harbor Day...and Hysterectomy Day. =)
I feel exactly the same way. They be storming our uterus(s) by this time tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankegram View Post
Thanks everyone for all the good wishes! It seems like Dec 7th snuck up on me- yikes! I'm surprised that I'm really not all that nervous. The past few years have been so miserable that s I'm actually looking forward to my surgery. I will pray for all of us and ask Jesus to hold our hands through this experience! Hugs to all of you! See you in post-op!!! :-)
I'm also nervous but having a really great day running errands and visiting all my favorite coffee shoppes (for tea - decaf) Stocking the house up on food, making sure I have what makes me happy and not so dependent on others. Stocking water and drink packets in the bedroom along with dried fruit and random snacks so I can get by between meals if I'm not up to big food. Library books all lined up, DVD and DVR all set and I am feeling more in control than I have in months. Fear will set in with hunger tonight I'm sure. best wishes to all of us and lots of prayers.
Unread 12-06-2011, 01:57 PM

Question: I have no special pre-op except no food after 11pm (surgery at 11am) - davinci supra cervical is planned. Anyone else not have special instructions ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Re: Best Wishes to our December 07 Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embee28 View Post
Question: I have no special pre-op except no food after 11pm (surgery at 11am) - davinci supra cervical is planned. Anyone else not have special instructions ?
No special intructions here either. I even called my surgeon to confirm (she was not at the preop).

Nothing after midnight tonight - surgery is 12:30 pm tomorrow.

I am just eating light today - protein and fibre, tons of water- nothing heavy or greasy. I started a pre-emptive stike against my bowels last week - I have been taking stool softener already and staying regular.
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:25 PM

Good luck sisters. Had my pre op this morning along with preregisterering. No prep just npo after midnight. Check in at 5:00 am. Surgery at 7. I'm not symptomatic just have a large fibroid but can say I look forward to no more periods. FREEDOM!!!! Have a couple of chores left to do. See you on the flipside.
Carla
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:23 PM

I have to be at the hospital at 10:30...surgery at 12:30...have had all my pre op test...the hospital called today for my history...so it seems like this time tomorrow it will all be over and I will be on the road to recovery...whoot!! Just so ready to have it over. Taking my Ipad so I will check in as soon as possible. We are going to do great!! ((((HUGS))))
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:02 PM

Getting ready for my trip to the castle the pastor will be coming tonight for prayer I'm mostly calm just some moderate bouts of anxiety will be prayin for all my hystersisters good luck ladies may the lord be with us and guide our surgeons and teams see u on the other side will check back in as soon as I can check in 8 surgery 10am
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:52 PM

To those who feel nervous- Here I am, one year out. I was nervous too. I had never had major surgery before. At first I thought, "Well, I am just having the Lap procedure"- but it is major surgery. Go through a checklist to see if you are ready: Support lined up? Fridge full? Chores done- or let go (Guess what? Civilization will not collapse if dust bunnies grow under the furniture! Put that broom down!)
If you haven't already, see about sending your hubby or someone close to you to a place like Lowe's for thing called (I think) a Grabber. Even with lap surgery, I was surprised how hard it was to reach things.
Don't worry about bringing everything to the hospital. I did not need panties or pads (they gave me some less than attractive but functional items) books, CD. Maybe you will want those things if you have to stay more than one night, but all I really needed was my lotion and lip balm, some throat lozenges, a robe to cover the abbreviated gown, and slippers. Get up as soon as you can, get the catheter out as soon as you can, walk as soon as you can. That is to get things going.
When you go home, relax. Allow yourself time to heal. You can't take care of your family if you are not well. Allow yourself time to get well. you may even find that those you love can surprise you!
Wishing you as positive experience as mine,
slwoman
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:52 PM

I keep hearing everyone talk about the grabber and didn't get one - had visions of the old age home. Now I'm thinking I should have gotten one and hid it for emergencies. Lol. I'm also thinking I'm surrounded by people who keep telling me "oh you'll be fine and out in no time" which I have to say, tonight is making me really frustrated. I KNOW I'll be fine, but I think it makes THEM feel better thinking I'll be up in no time. Ugh. Pre surgery stress I'm sure. Headed in not knowing whether i will have my cervix when done or not. Either way I'll be ok but dreading the waking and having to process information. All my good emotional support is far enough away that tea is not possible, so I'll be relying on the "other side" when we get thru this. My head is splitting tonight - unexpected well wishes dropped by and I'm now a few hours behind. And all my relaxing day events seem to now be far away ! Always a price to pay .... Need a few minutes to regroup. And perhaps even a night alone sleeping off the surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register