First Time Writing Scared & Relieved At The Same Time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First Time Writing Scared & Relieved At The Same Time First Time Writing Scared & Relieved At The Same Time

Unread 12-25-2001, 03:04 PM
First Time Writing Scared & Relieved At The Same Time

Hi Everyone, This is my first time in....So glad to have found your wonderful site. My LAVH is scheduled for Wednesday, January 23rd. Have a large Fibroid which is causing many problems: constant urge to urniate, pressure on bowels, pain and etc....Been coming on for about a year. Doc told me last week that I should make the decision. I did and I feel so scared but also relieved that the decision has been made. I try to keep a very positive attitude about this and it does help. I have never been in a hospital other than having my two grown sons. I still feel very young mentally and hope this surgery does not get in the way of that. With the support of my wonderful husband, my two sons and their families and my Mom and all my friends at work, I know I will come through this wonderfully. I hope to chat with some of you between now and January 23rd. I know it helps to discuss it. I will always be here for any of you so give me a chat.....................................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2001, 04:15 PM

Hi Elvissusie!!
Welcome to HysterSisters! You have found a wonderful support place for information sharing and support, and a ton of hugs too!!

It sounds like you are ready for this, and have given it alot of thought. I think all surgery is scary, but with this you will read here very often the waiting is the worst part. You do have a great positive attitude, and that helps so much.

Keep reading and posting any questions you have. You will find a great deal of information on the home page. If you scroll down to near the bottom there are several pull down menus. Under Ladies in Waiting...( pre-op ladies like you), you will find a great deal of good information. Lists of things to take to the hospital, and a list of questions for your pre-op appt. They won't all apply to you, but its a great list as we all tend to forget what we wanted to ask when sitting right there with the doctor it seems.

There is also a really great seach engine here on the site. ( The little purple button top right of the screen). There you can search by keyword and it will bring up past threads and discussions on that particular topic.

Another great place is the "Princesses tell their stories" forum. There you will get many different stories from the ladies as to how their surgery and recovery has progressed.

So...keep reading and posting, and we will be here for ya every step of the way!!

All the best to you,
Holiday hugs,
Maria
Unread 12-26-2001, 11:53 AM

Hi elvisusie,
Welcome to hystersisters. There is some relief in having the DATE assigned. The site has some great info about what to take and how to prepare in advance. Use the time to get physically and mentally prepared. You'll be at the castle in no time. Jan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register