Got cancelled 30 minutes before surgery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got cancelled 30 minutes before surgery Got cancelled 30 minutes before surgery

Unread 12-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Re: Got cancelled 30 minutes before surgery

Bless your heart. I feel so bad for you. I must admit, a last minute cancellation is something I never consisdered. As someone else suggested, I believe everything happens for a reason. Sending good thoughts and a big hug your way. Hope next Friday everything goes as planned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2011, 04:17 PM

Your recovery may not be as bad as you think (hopefully) My post-op has been good- I was so worried about taking time off to recover that I postponed my surgery from summer to thanksgiving. Looking back- I would have done it then and gotten it over with. My surgery was Laproscopic and I was feeling good enough to go back to light duty at work one week later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherbert_61 View Post
All good points. Thank you. As my surgeon said "we have a bed for you but no one to look after you" I just hope next Friday is a go.... otherwise it's switch doctors or wait till March - I work for agricultural related companies so spring gets tough for me. We waited until this time of year for recovery purposes.......
Unread 12-07-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaAngel View Post
Your recovery may not be as bad as you think (hopefully) My post-op has been good- I was so worried about taking time off to recover that I postponed my surgery from summer to thanksgiving. Looking back- I would have done it then and gotten it over with. My surgery was Laproscopic and I was feeling good enough to go back to light duty at work one week later.

I hope you are right! The a/p repair is what has me worried though - primarily the posterior which often brings the need for home catheter. Either way I will survive, what choice do I have? Thank you for the kind words...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellica View Post
Bless your heart. I feel so bad for you. I must admit, a last minute cancellation is something I never consisdered. As someone else suggested, I believe everything happens for a reason. Sending good thoughts and a big hug your way. Hope next Friday everything goes as planned.

Thank you for your kind words!
Unread 12-07-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchic View Post
Oh Wow, you poor thing. You wait with butterflies right up to the 30 min mark, and then your rescheduled. Well on the good side at least your not in a hospital room waiting a long time for a nurse to give you your pain meds. There is a reason for everything!! It was just meant for you to wait until next week. Have a blast at the party this weekend.
Yes, they say everything happens for a reason and I do have to trust in that. Thank you for your kind words.
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:01 PM

Hi I got cancelled too. My surgery which was scheduled for Oct 13 2011 and we waited and waited it was past the time of my surgery I had a feeling something was up. My Dr came and told us she had to cancel due to unforeseen emergency. I was so angry and upset but in Canada these things happen more than you know. My Dr rescheduled me for Oct. 21 2011 thank god I didn't get cancelled again... Its now been over 6 weeks and am glad its all over with. hang in there and i will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you get your surgery.

Hugs and prays to you
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherbert_61 View Post
I was SO ready!

Admitted, changed, IV already hooked up for 30 minutes.

My surgeon comes in to tell me that not enough people were discharged this morning in addition to two deliveries and an incoming emergency surgery.

They gave me a slot for next Friday reserved for C-sections, potential to get bumped again, apparently.

On an upnote there is a birthday celebration for a friend this weekend that I can re-RSVP.
Here I was complaining because the diabetics "bumped" me from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Stuff happens. It is good that you are understanding.
I would have been a little upset about it.
Unread 12-07-2011, 10:07 PM

This is my biggest fear at this time, I am scheduled for next Friday too. I have everything scheduled and arrange with work, kids, my hubby- who works out of town has arranged to be home with me- if it gets cancelled I might end up without any help at home. Good luck to both of us on the 16th!
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen_77 View Post
This is my biggest fear at this time, I am scheduled for next Friday too. I have everything scheduled and arrange with work, kids, my hubby- who works out of town has arranged to be home with me- if it gets cancelled I might end up without any help at home. Good luck to both of us on the 16th!
I did not fear cancellation at all. I never even CONSIDERED that it could even happen. Now - it is at the forefront of my anxiety.... because now I know the potential exists. It seems worse now too considering they have given my surgeon a spot reserved for c-sections. Then again if someone was having a scheduled c-section those dates are booked a few weeks out... I would assume? Only thing I have possibly going for me is a 7:30 am start time might have an advantage over my previous 12:30 pm start time...
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:02 AM

I was cancelled last year for my BSO surgery. I was hooked up and ready to roll and my doctor came in to see me looking wigged out. She said her father and sister in law were in an auto accident and were downstairs in the emergency room.

Needless to say she did not want to continue with the surgery that day and neither did I! We re-scheduled for two weeks later. I was disappointed because I was mentally ready to go but did not let it upset me too much. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register