Got cancelled 30 minutes before surgery - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got cancelled 30 minutes before surgery Got cancelled 30 minutes before surgery

Unread 12-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Re: Got cancelled 30 minutes before surgery

Thanks backtothegym... the last thing anyone wants is a "wigged out" surgeon!!

I am praying for next Friday to be a go.. I am having a hard time doing the mental prep again but I will get my game face on soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2011, 11:38 AM

Sherbert, I can"t stop thinking about you. I read your post 2 days ago and you have been on my mind ever since...Kind of weird since I don't even know you, BUT.....

I'm including in my prayers for you that something special (in a very good way) happens for you between now and the 16th. Ofcourse the prayers include all goes and goes WELL on the 16th, but in addition, I'm hoping for something extra for you. Your attitude is so positive and the experience of a last minute cancellation so unthinkable - I admire your view on it. I can honestly say I would not have been so sound minded.

Really, really sending those positive thoughts your way for a smooth procedure and speedy recovery on the 16th.

Take care,
beingmaxine
Unread 12-08-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingmaxine View Post
Sherbert, I can"t stop thinking about you. I read your post 2 days ago and you have been on my mind ever since...Kind of weird since I don't even know you, BUT.....

I'm including in my prayers for you that something special (in a very good way) happens for you between now and the 16th. Ofcourse the prayers include all goes and goes WELL on the 16th, but in addition, I'm hoping for something extra for you. Your attitude is so positive and the experience of a last minute cancellation so unthinkable - I admire your view on it. I can honestly say I would not have been so sound minded.

Really, really sending those positive thoughts your way for a smooth procedure

and speedy recovery on the 16th.
Take care,
beingmaxine

Thank you so much for your kindness and thoughts! I welcome your prayers too.

It really is amazing the strengh you can muster when you are faced with news that cannot be changed. It's sort of a surreal out of body experience.

I am very disappointed at this time but if cancelled again I fear I will be crushed.

I am so bored here now at home. I was prepped beyond belief... I guess I could get the tree put up this weekend.. my freezer is bursting at the seams and my house is clean top to bottom. We do need groceries now I guess.

My father was bumped 3 times while on the waitlist for triple by-pass surgery. Almost to the point of going to the city where his surgery was to be (1 hour away) and going to a mall or such and having an ambulance called to take him into emerg (complaining of chest tightness) and hopefully get his surgery done. Crazy what a person thinks of when faced with such things. Thankfully the 4th time was the charm for him and he is several years post-op and doing great.

How is your recovery going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2011, 12:35 PM

I"m glad to hear it finally worked out for your dad, BUT, let's not have a third or fourth time for you! The 16th IS the charm!

Thanks for asking about my recovery. I'm doing so well, I almost don't want to say anything for fear of sounding insensitive to others who are in such pain.

I had to wait 4 months for the surgery. I was ready in August but it kept getting put off. I was not a happy camper about that part of it. I got so desperate, I did the 3 month Lupron shot (different story!) to make it to a December surgery date.

I was so relieved when I woke up in the recovery room. I have a feeling you will be too.

Keep your chin and spirits up and at least let the house get dirty again before cleaning it!

Every day until it's done, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

beingmaxine
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:14 PM

beingmaxine... you say the sweetest things!

I will not be cleaning the house again any time soon, lol. I shoved my vaccuum away on Monday and said "see you in a few months" I have too much pride to get her back out now...

I will have to find something to pass the next week quickly. I don't enjoy the crowded shopping during the holiday season and the last thing I want to do it catch a cold or flu. All my wrapping is even done!

I am going to rent some movies and just.. "hang around"... will head out tonight just to get some fresh fruits/veg for the next week. I ran our stock out because the last thing my hubby would eat without prompting from me would be a salad....

I am glad of your recovery... so encouraging!!
Unread 12-18-2011, 12:02 PM

I read your post and knew you were in Canada or the UK. I am an RN in Denver, and the hospital, no matter how busy, will never cancel a surgery or elective C-Section. Money to be made.
That's crap sending you home after doing all of the preparation.
Unread 12-18-2011, 03:38 PM

Anxious to know- did you have your surgery on the 16th?
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:15 PM

I have never been cancelled completely and sent home.
I have been told that my surgery would be later the night before the surgery or the morning of, but not cancelled.

I am near Los Angeles, California.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register