sererely depressed after a partial hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sererely depressed after a partial hysterectomy sererely depressed after a partial hysterectomy

Unread 12-07-2011, 06:30 PM
sererely depressed after a partial hysterectomy

I had a partial 10 weeks ago and everything was taken except my ovaries. I was always under the impression that you don't have depression problems if your ovaries stay. I think I had my first sign of depression 7 days after my surgery. Now, it seems that I am never happy I'm always sad. I feel like I could cry all the time and I feel that no one cares. I know that probably isn't true but I can't help but feel that way. I don't know what to do or feel anymore. Someone help me. I know I should probably talk to my doctor about this but I was just curious if anyone else that had a partial is having this same problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Re: sererely depressed after a partial hysterectomy

I apologize for my lack of punctustion. i just had it all out and am not great at typing on my phone. i was put on birth control pills 6 yrs ago even though my tubes r tied. it controlled horrific falls into darkness. that alone told me there is an emotive component to ovaries. i suggest being very kind to yourself n seeing your doc asap. Im sending u warm hugs. xoxo
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:37 PM

(((mcasper99))) if you had your entire uterus, including the cervix, removed, that was a total hysterectomy. A partial hysterectomy means the cervix was left intact. Removal of the ovaries and tubes is an entirely separate procedure, called a BSO if both sides are taken - bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. So, it sounds like you had a total hysterectomy and kept your ovaries.

Are you having any trouble with insomnia or night sweats? It's quite possible your ovaries aren't quite working as well as they need to. I would make a list of all your symptoms - think carefully, nothing is unimportant as they can all be clues - and talk with your DR about them. It's not that uncommon for ovaries to have trouble working or even stop working completely after the uterus is removed. Sometimes their function returns and sometimes it doesn't. Your DR can help!

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Thanks guys, I did have my uterus, cervix and Fallopian tubes removed. I guess I always thought that was partial. I have had night sweats and troubled sleep. Not insomnia necessarily. I did call the nurse at the doctors office today and she said she wants me to come see the doctor. I have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. I have never felt like this before, I feel a heavy feeling inside. I don't really know how else to explain it. I will let you know how things went. Thanks for your help and kind words.
Unread 12-08-2011, 05:46 PM

So glad you made an appointment!
Unread 12-08-2011, 05:57 PM

always here hon. i know im not leaving! i havent even written about my recent experience (still in hospital) hopefully home this weekend. This site makes all the difference. Hugs. You check with your doctor and we're here for backup : )
Unread 12-08-2011, 05:59 PM

Very glad you made an appointment. You are definitely not alone in feeling depressed after your surgery. I cried for days at a time post op. I talked to my doctor and I'm doing better now but not great. This can be a difficult thing to transition through. Hang in there, I'm thinking of you.
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:29 PM

Well, as I was sitting in the doctors office I was telling him how I felt while the tears were falling. Then I started to laugh and I said see, I can't stop this. I don't like to feeling like this. He told me it's ok and we will fix this. He said it wasn't uncommon, he did feel that I was not in a good place. He perscribed Zoloft for 3 months. I go back to see him next month to see how it's working for me. Then he brought up my age. :P he said some people could start to go through early stages of menopause in there mid 30's not what I wanted to here. LOL but I did feel better that I saw him and I wasn't going crazy. I'm glad my doctor is going to get through this with me.
Thanks for all the support everyone, it really does help knowing there is others who will listen and understand exactly what you are going through.
Mimilly: I hope you are ok and out of the hospital soon.
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:32 PM

Oh yeah Mimilly, he did mention the birth control pills. He said that after the 3 months we may do that.
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:57 PM
sererely depressed after a partial hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcasper99 View Post
Oh yeah Mimilly, he did mention the birth control pills. He said that after the 3 months we may do that.
I came home from the hospital this afternoon. My skill is getting in and out of bed..lol. One moment at a time. xoxo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register